#21 OFFLINE   xjacobx

Android Pro

• Developer
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Twitter:xJacobSRx
  • Device:Rezound and Transformer

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:22 AM

This is a very useful thead, i will be looking at it alot very soon :)
thanks guys
Creator of BlueBread for the Droid X

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#22 OFFLINE   bouchigo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

unkleduke said:

Nice job. I believe it was the edit in colors.xml I was looking for. Thanks.

On another note, I solved an old apktool.jar issue when compiling some blur apks. Now I can recompile blurphone and any other blur apk w/o error. Just edit the apktool.yml so that the framework ids are listed in numerical order.

Nice, thanks for that apktool.yml tip :D

Were you able to get the text on the dialer window to be white (right above the "Mobile *86")? It's supposed to say "Voicemail" but you can't see it because it's black; trying to change it, but I can't seem to find where to do that.

Posted Image

The "Recent" tab is giving me issues too, it didn't black out like the rest of the tabs did.

Posted Image

#23 OFFLINE   unkleduke

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/unkleduke

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

I don't know off hand which xmls those are. The dialer is a pain because it's made up of at least three apks (blurdialer, blurphone and blurcontacts). I'll take a look and let you know if I find it.

#24 OFFLINE   bouchigo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

unkleduke said:

I don't know off hand which xmls those are. The dialer is a pain because it's made up of at least three apks (blurdialer, blurphone and blurcontacts). I'll take a look and let you know if I find it.

I know man, blur is pain in the a$$. I've looked in those 3 apks and I can't find it, maybe I need to look harder :shrug

I just tried blacking out backup assistant and the menu is fine, but you can't see the text when you initially set up the pass code.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 OFFLINE   unkleduke

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:39 AM

Hmmm, I don't think I ran into that issue when I inverted BUA. I'll check that out too. Also, I put together a thread combining our findings on theming GB for DX. Check it out and contribute here http://www.mydroidwo....html#post66725

#26 OFFLINE   bouchigo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

unkleduke said:

Hmmm, I don't think I ran into that issue when I inverted BUA. I'll check that out too. Also, I put together a thread combining our findings on theming GB for DX. Check it out and contribute here http://www.mydroidwo....html#post66725

Did you already have your BUA account setup? I don't have one setup, so I get that initial screen that asks for the pass code.

Is there any way you can post up your BUA apk so I can test it out on my phone?

I will check that thread out, thanks.

#27 OFFLINE   unkleduke

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

I do have an account, so I can't get to that menu you show. All of my other text is fine. All I made was the one edit to the AndroidManifest.xml. Did you edit anything else? If not, my apk probably has the same issue.

#28 OFFLINE   bouchigo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:33 PM

unkleduke said:

I do have an account, so I can't get to that menu you show. All of my other text is fine. All I made was the one edit to the AndroidManifest.xml. Did you edit anything else? If not, my apk probably has the same issue.

No, I only edited the AndroidManifest.xml. I also tried changing styles.xml, but I got the same thing.

#29 OFFLINE   unkleduke

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

Try editing subscribemessage.xml in /layout. Try changing the 3 references of style="\?android:attr/textAppearanceInverse" to style="\?android:attr/textAppearance"

If that's not it, it may be another xml in layout.

#30 OFFLINE   bouchigo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

unkleduke said:

Try editing subscribemessage.xml in /layout. Try changing the 3 references of style="\?android:attr/textAppearanceInverse" to style="\?android:attr/textAppearance"

If that's not it, it may be another xml in layout.

The references I found don't look exactly like what you typed, they look like this:

style="?android:textAppearanceInverse"

but I went ahead and removed the "Inverse" part, and it didn't have any effect.

#31 OFFLINE   unkleduke

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:35 PM

It could be in another xml like neworchangepin.xml. Since I can't get to that screen, I don't know what it's supposed to read and I can't test on my end. I'm sure the text is a clue as to which file it is.

#32 OFFLINE   bouchigo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

unkleduke said:

It could be in another xml like neworchangepin.xml. Since I can't get to that screen, I don't know what it's supposed to read and I can't test on my end. I'm sure the text is a clue as to which file it is.

Well, this is what the text reads:

Posted Image

My popup menu background just happens to be black too, I still haven't gotten it to work properly; I wonder if the popup menus background is affecting it?

Edited by bouchigo, 07 April 2011 - 06:38 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   bouchigo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:14 AM

I'm getting there, I either missed an edit in the xml or, I have to edit another xml for the first part of the message (scroll to the bottom of this post for the EDIT):

Posted Image

EDIT:
I did miss an edit in the xml I was editing. You need to edit pin_edittext.xml in the "layout" folder. Change all the style="?android:textAppearanceInverse" to style="?android:textAppearance".

Edited by bouchigo, 08 April 2011 - 11:29 AM.

#34 OFFLINE   unkleduke

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

Nice job. So what were all the edits you made? Also, how are you pushing the files to your device? If I simply push an edited apk with adb it won't work. I have to flash it with a recovery zip and also include all my themed apks at once.

#35 OFFLINE   bouchigo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:38 AM

unkleduke said:

Nice job. So what were all the edits you made? Also, how are you pushing the files to your device? If I simply push an edited apk with adb it won't work. I have to flash it with a recovery zip and also include all my themed apks at once.

I edited the AndroidMaifest by changing Theme.Light to Theme.Black, and the edits in the previous post where the "Inverse" part was removed from every entry in pin_edittext.xml xml.

I am flashing the apks with bootstrap/clockwork recovery. I just flash one at a time as I am working on them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also having issues with the "Accounts" menu not being blacked out in the "Settings" menu; I'm not sure if I am modifying the right apk, have you gotten that one to work? It's the only one I have left in the "Settings" menu to complete.

Posted Image

Also, I'm having trouble getting the "Recent" tab section to be blacked out, any ideas??? (I'll post up the screenshots again, just as a refresher and for the sake of being on the same post.)

Posted Image

Another issue, the text in the dialer, where it should say "Voicemail" is still giving me trouble.

Should say "Voicemail" right above the "Mobile *86"
Posted Image

Edited by bouchigo, 08 April 2011 - 11:52 AM.

#36 OFFLINE   unkleduke

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

Which apk are you modding for the accounts screen? It is most likely in a blur apk, not the AccountAndSyncSettings.apk, although I could be wrong. I took a quick look at my logcat and I think the apk you're looking for has this activity com.motorola.blur.setup/com.motorola.blur.settings.AccountsAndServicesPreferenceActivity. Hopefully over the weekend I'll have some time to take a look at this and the dialer issues too. No time to test today unfortunately.

EDIT: Check out Setup.apk

Edited by unkleduke, 08 April 2011 - 12:13 PM.

#37 OFFLINE   bouchigo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

unkleduke said:

Which apk are you modding for the accounts screen? It is most likely in a blur apk, not the AccountAndSyncSettings.apk, although I could be wrong. I took a quick look at my logcat and I think the apk you're looking for has this activity com.motorola.blur.setup/com.motorola.blur.settings.AccountsAndServicesPreferenceActivity. Hopefully over the weekend I'll have some time to take a look at this and the dialer issues too. No time to test today unfortunately.

EDIT: Check out Setup.apk

I was modifying AccountAndSyncSettings.apk, but it didn't have any effect; after that I had a feeling it would be a blur apk, but I'm not sure which one.

I'll check out Setup.apk, and see what happens.

#38 OFFLINE   bouchigo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

@unkleduke,

Have you made any progress? I haven't worked on it at all this weekend, haven't had time.

#39 OFFLINE   unkleduke

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:11 AM

I was away all weekend. Should have time later today. I'll post back if I'm successful.

#40 OFFLINE   bL33d

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Device:Droid x

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

Awesome trouble shooting, glad someone has the know how and patience as i have neither ;/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users