#1 OFFLINE   deVorteX

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

Just a heads up to anyone here not follwing P3droid on twitter

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

He's stated that we need to remove the 3g hotspot hack asap if we've applied it.

Link to remove should be up somewhere shortly...

Edit: Not confirmed, but I think this post has the undo zip package.
http://www.mydroidwo....html#post35944

Edited by deVorteX, 06 April 2011 - 08:08 PM.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   marcfogel

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

Is it applied by default in the Deodexed gb download

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#3 OFFLINE   Johnly

Droid

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

So if I just flashed the full stock froyo sbf it is gone right? Because I am using hotspot paid, and all my use is showing under data unlimited, not data hotspot. Dang. Just answered my own question. I do think the hack is included in the GB root link. I can just root real fast and apply. Zip in bootstrap then flash sbf again in rad. Ok, thanks p3droid.

#4 OFFLINE   jandmsparky

Junior Droid

• Moderators
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:@jandmsparky
  • Device:Droid X, Touchpad, Facinate, last but definetly not least Galaxy Nexus

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

But it can't be removed with the zip I found. SBF'n back to froyo. Better safe than sorry.

#5 OFFLINE   deVorteX

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

Far as I remember reading, this is set deeper than a normal update.zip format. So sbf should work? not really sure. I know it can carry over from rom to rom, so since gb was a zip install, it could still be there if you had ever run it.

May as well run the unpatch zip asap. No matter what recovery mode you've used.

#6 OFFLINE   Johnly

Droid

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

Sbf will NOT work. Or I am really lucky, because I did and I have had hotspot (legit) for a couple days.....guess where my data shows up? Yep, unlimitid phone data, and my app for HS still shows zero. I am stock running unrooted oficial fryro. Need to run it to switch whatever radio framwork was changed, to get it back.

#7 OFFLINE   spinkick

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid X

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

This reminds me of xbox 360 hack/bannhammer threads when ms cracks down. LOl terrible

#8 OFFLINE   dbond306

Droid

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

I was running the hack a little while ago and flashed back to stock. When I open the hotspot and try to connect with my laptop it brings me to the VZW signup page. I should be all set Correct?

#9 OFFLINE   timlord

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

marcfogel said:

Is it applied by default in the Deodexed gb download

I don't know, but If your not usiing the hack/app, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't use 3g hotspot, so why should I care

#10 OFFLINE   inomad

Droid

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Twitter:inomadv3

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

I have tbh app but never installed this hack but I am running GB rooted and deodexed, was this installed via GB flash? How could I tell if I have it? And foremost why such urgency in removing it?

#11 OFFLINE   Johnly

Droid

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

If you can turn on and use hotspot and use it without service to it, it be there.

#12 OFFLINE   deVorteX

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:15 PM

Johnly said:

If you can turn on and use hotspot and use it without service to it, it be there.

Hey, I know I started this thread, so you'd think I know what I'm doing but...

I installed the hack a long time ago, more proof of concept than actually usage. I've run the "unpatch" zip twice tonight, but I can still tether successfully right now. I'm not paying for tether service, so this concerns me just a bit.

Has anyone been able to successfully unpatch??

#13 OFFLINE   timlord

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:16 PM

Johnly said:

I read this on mydroidworld forum -->Remember guys this for those who have previously flashed P3Droid's/TBH's 3G Hot Spot App patch to get the Verizon provided hot spot app to work without paying. Has nothing to do with any other wireless tether program from the Market. And due to the nature of this hack, there is no way P3 would have included the hack already in his leaked Gingerbread zip.

#14 OFFLINE   Johnly

Droid

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

Well sir, I have never installed it, though I like the proof of concept. All I know is ever since I installed GB Rooted (both forms)), I have been able to use hotspot without paying (have only done so twice to prove concept) I actually enjoy paying for my tether, but the problem is I flashed the full sbf file and I am still getting hotspot concept. I don't want it, I want to see my data in the right place when HS is on. I have already rooted and applied the unpatch, I may just repeat that step two more times, then I am SBFing again for the heck of it, and going to factory wipe three times more. I will be back and let you know. I could stop now and see, but that makes for poor sbf and rooting practice:)

#15 OFFLINE   deVorteX

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

Johnly said:

Well sir, I have never installed it, though I like the proof of concept. All I know is ever since I installed GB Rooted (both forms)), I have been able to use hotspot without paying (have only done so twice to prove concept) I actually enjoy paying for my tether, but the problem is I flashed the full sbf file and I am still getting hotspot concept. I don't want it, I want to see my data in the right place when HS is on. I have already rooted and applied the unpatch, I may just repeat that step two more times, then I am SBFing again for the heck of it, and going to factory wipe three times more. I will be back and let you know. I could stop now and see, but that makes for poor sbf and rooting practice:)

your not sbf'ing right if it doesn't fail once or twice. Probably the most important step.

#16 OFFLINE   Johnly

Droid

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

SBF didn't work for me, after I did, my hotspot still shows 0 data use, and it all shows under phone data (two days to). I have faith in p3droids unpatch. Just make sure to use the recovery that matches the .zip. I will sbf again for cleaning purposes, but as for that getting rid of the nvram concept....didn't seem to for my device.

#17 OFFLINE   deVorteX

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

Johnly said:

SBF didn't work for me, after I did, my hotspot still shows 0 data use, and it all shows under phone data (two days to). I have faith in p3droids unpatch. Just make sure to use the recovery that matches the .zip. I will sbf again for cleaning purposes, but as for that getting rid of the nvram concept....didn't seem to for my device.

Just read in that original thread that the patch you use should match bootloader, so since I'm on gb with droid 2 bootloader, I'm trying the unpatch for d2. Will update if it works.

#18 OFFLINE   Johnly

Droid

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

plower.net said:

Just read in that original thread that the patch you use should match bootloader, so since I'm on gb with droid 2 bootloader, I'm trying the unpatch for d2. Will update if it works.

Well, It did something for me. After three installs, I went to data widget and whala, connection to server errors. (after phone reboot, the widget has no server errors;) Unpatch does something, and I am willing to bet with the right recovery, it works as p3droid says. All is good, and myth confirmed, GB has the tether hack alive and well, so if you decide to move away from that, unpatch first right? SBF fun next:) oops, that server comunication error was because hotspot was active?

Edited by Johnly, 06 April 2011 - 09:45 PM.
add info

#19 OFFLINE   deVorteX

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

Johnly said:

Well, It did something for me. After three installs, I went to data widget and whala, connection to server errors. (after phone reboot, the widget has no server errors;) Unpatch does something, and I am willing to bet with the right recovery, it works as p3droid says. All is good, and myth confirmed, GB has the tether hack alive and well, so if you decide to move away from that, unpatch first right? SBF fun next:)

Yeah, I can't seem to remove it in gb. I guess I'll be jumping back to froyo, retrying to unpatch, testing, loading gb again testing, crossing fingers....

Update: ran update.zip back to 2.3.340, did nothing else, and hotspot requires me to pay. I'm assuming that if I go back to leaked gb, the hotspot will function again "illegally".

Gonna try it to be sure. If that's the case, either theres a "bug" in gb leak that allows free tether, or gb leak installs the hack???

Edited by deVorteX, 06 April 2011 - 10:19 PM.

#20 OFFLINE   Johnly

Droid

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

I was hoping someone with more answers would have jumped in by now, but hey. I am only guessing on the hack being in GB because hotspot acts in line with concept. Maybe my hotspot data is on the slow side and hasn't showed up yet? Idk, but I went through and applied the unpatch and went back. I am sure the unpatch will work, as I used proper recovery. All should be good. I am going to wait 3-5 days and use paid hotspot, and if I don't see data accumulating where it should I will post back (99%) all is good though. Peace.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users