This is the most recently leaked Gingerbread build for the DroidX phones.
Droid X 2.3.3. (4.5.588)
You must follow the directions exactly to the letter, if you do not I can not guarantee the results. Please do not post questions here if you have not read the directions below. Before beginning ensure that you understand the directions that you have read.
Good now that you have read above the you are ready to proceed.
1. Your phone must be in the following condition before you can use the patched updater.
- Your phone is running the 2.3.340 official Froyo Firmware
- Your phone has been rooted
- Your phone is using the Droid2 Bootstrap program (Do Not Use DroidX Bootstrap)
2. Have you gotten your phone in the proper state to upgrade to the newest leaked Gingerbread. Yes go ahead, if No go back to step 1.
- Download all 3 files and place on the root of your sdcard.
[INDENT]Install File Part 1
md5 = 55903982607d3b1b22b3b9f3af1ff807
size = 99.1 MB (103875449 bytes)
Install File Part 2
md5 = a021e4e0dffb39018bdabf7e679f4d35
size = 16.2 MB (17028214 bytes)
Install File Part 3
md5 = 7cb97560c1f757ad2b9ccd131200911b
size = 220.7 KB (226025 bytes)
- Restart the Droid2 Bootstrap in recovery mode.
- Install all three zips files in order. DO NOT LEAVE RECOVERY UNTIL ALL 3 HAVE FINISHED BEING INSTALLED.
Most testers have installed this over the of 2.3.340 firmware without the need for a wipe, about 15% did wipe, the choice is yours.
Those running the 4.5.573 Leak
1. Perform a backup using clockwork recovery
2. Downgrade to the 2.3.340 firmware
3. Follow the above procedure to upgrade
4. After upgrading enter into Bootstrap recovery
5. Perform an Advanced Restore ----Select Data
To Help support the site please consider becoming a supporting member.
Edited by p3droid, 15 April 2011 - 05:10 PM.