Jump to content

Check us out:

- - - - -

DroidX Gingerbread 2.3.3(4.5.588) Install Patch with Root


1919 replies to this topic

#1881 OFFLINE   gr8aussie

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Device:Droid X .596 rooted deodexed

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

thanks for your help...almost there, just to make sure i understand,
then only put the 3 .588 filea and then d2bs i to cwm and try it all over again.
do you mean put the 3 files back on card and then use droid 2 bootstrap to boot into recovery?

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

    MyDroidWorld.com



#1882 OFFLINE   gr8aussie

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Device:Droid X .596 rooted deodexed

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

GENIUS! It worked!
Thanks for your help! Definitely the way to go...thanks again. As soon as I get done collecting files, I will be able to post direct links to my server for people like you who help the forums. raopidshare works and is free, but I have bandwidth and a server. anyways, thanks a bunch!

Edited by gr8aussie, 16 May 2011 - 03:29 PM.


#1883 OFFLINE   #27265

    Android Pro

  • Guests
  • 572 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Device:HTC Rezound

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:19 PM

yeah, sorry. thats what i meant.

typing on phone and was in a hurry.

Edited by cdexsw, 16 May 2011 - 03:23 PM.


#1884 OFFLINE   #27265

    Android Pro

  • Guests
  • 572 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Device:HTC Rezound

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

gr8aussie said:

GENIUS! It worked!
Thanks for your help! Definitely the way to go...thanks again. As soon as I get done collecting files, I will be able to post direct links to my server for people like you who help the forums. raopidshare works and is free, but I have bandwidth and a server. anyways, thanks a bunch!

glad it worked. :-)



DX via Tapa

#1885 OFFLINE   mr.droidx

    Android Pro

  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • Device:droid x

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

which file is the deodexed and which one is the odexed?

#1886 OFFLINE   Kevin108

    Android Pro

  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Twitter:KevinX108
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:03 AM

They're usually well labeled. Are you downloading from a post / webpage or the TBH app?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Kevin108.com | SBF Tools | SBF back to Froyo | Install Gingerbread 588 | Install Gingerbread 596

#1887 OFFLINE   mapatton82

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Device:DX GB 596 OC'ed 1.15 Ghz

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:33 AM

mr.droidx said:

which file is the deodexed and which one is the odexed?

The files listed in the OP are odexed files with root. If you upgrade to .595 after this , then you have the option or odexed and deodexed versions.

#1888 OFFLINE   mr.droidx

    Android Pro

  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • Device:droid x

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

Kevin108 said:

They're usually well labeled. Are you downloading from a post / webpage or the TBH app?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have the team black hat app. can I use that to install gb?

#1889 OFFLINE   mapatton82

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Device:DX GB 596 OC'ed 1.15 Ghz

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:26 AM

mr.droidx said:

I have the team black hat app. can I use that to install gb?

The TBH app has the files for the .595 but not for the 3 part .588, which are located in the OP of this thread.

#1890 OFFLINE   aplechaty

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

On the first page it says you must be on 2.3.340 official Froyo Firmware where can i get this my android version says 2.3.3? Thanks in advance?

#1891 OFFLINE   mapatton82

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Device:DX GB 596 OC'ed 1.15 Ghz

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:36 AM

aplechaty said:

On the first page it says you must be on 2.3.340 official Froyo Firmware where can i get this my android version says 2.3.3? Thanks in advance?

If your Android Version is 2.3.3 then you already have a version of GB installed, what is your System Version in Setting|About Phone?

#1892 OFFLINE   aplechaty

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:40 AM

4.5.588.MB810.Verizon.en.US If I stay where it is now will I get future OTA updates, or do I need to upgrade further?

#1893 OFFLINE   mapatton82

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Device:DX GB 596 OC'ed 1.15 Ghz

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

aplechaty said:

4.5.588.MB810.Verizon.en.US If I stay where it is now will I get future OTA updates, or do I need to upgrade further?

Ok so you already have .588 installed, you have two options:

1.) You can install the latest GB leak (.595) which is the closest to the OTA.

OR

2) You can SBF back to Froyo .340 in order to receive the OTA from VZW (Note: this is the only way to receive the OTA).

IMHO I would go to .595, which is what I am currently running, because rumor has it that VZW latest OTA will be locking down the bootloader, which will prevent you from going back to Froyo or one of the other leaked GB versions.

You do have a third option of staying where you are on the .588 version (but where is the fun in that!! :))

#1894 OFFLINE   aplechaty

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

OK how do I install the latest GB leak and do I need to be rooted to do so? New to doing this stuff manually. I do have the 595-stock.zip file copied to my sdcard I tried updating with it and it says E: signature verification failed. So how I do I upgrade? Thanks

Edited by aplechaty, 18 May 2011 - 10:02 AM.


#1895 OFFLINE   mapatton82

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Device:DX GB 596 OC'ed 1.15 Ghz

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

aplechaty said:

OK how do I install the latest GB leak and do I need to be rooted to do so? New to doing this stuff manually. Where is the leak as well?

Here is the link to the thread on the .595 version. Yes you will need to be rooted in order to use D2 Bootstrap, which will reboot your phone into ClockworkRecovery.

http://www.mydroidwo...ingerbread.html

Just as a heads up, there are three version available; .595 stock (nonrooted), .595 Fully Odexed, and .595 Deodexed. I would recommend the .595 deodexed because it seems to be the version most people are having the least amount of issues with. **Also the OP in this thread states that you can receive the OTA with the .595 stock version, this is not the case you can ONLY receive the OTA with Froyo .340.**

#1896 OFFLINE   aplechaty

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

OK i will download the deodexed files how do I root so I can use bootstrapper i have never rooted before? If I did want to go back to Froyo .340 in order to receive the OTA from VZW how do i SBF?

Edited by aplechaty, 18 May 2011 - 10:19 AM.


#1897 OFFLINE   mapatton82

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Device:DX GB 596 OC'ed 1.15 Ghz

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:35 AM

aplechaty said:

OK i will download the deodexed files how do I root so I can use bootstrapper i have never rooted before? If I did want to go back to Froyo .340 in order to receive the OTA from VZW how do i SBF?

In the link I posted earlier for the .595 version review post #1176, which expains the process in good detail.

In order to root your phone, you will need to use Gingerbreak v1.2 which can be found here:

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!



I would double check to see if you are not already rooted, easy way to tell is if there is a Superuser app in the app drawer. If there is then you are already rooted otherwise run Gingerbreak.

#1898 OFFLINE   Kevin108

    Android Pro

  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Twitter:KevinX108
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

mapatton82 said:

Just as a heads up, there are three version available; .595 stock (nonrooted), .595 Fully Odexed, and .595 Deodexed. I would recommend the .595 deodexed because it seems to be the version most people are having the least amount of issues with. **Also the OP in this thread states that you can receive the OTA with the .595 stock version, this is not the case you can ONLY receive the OTA with Froyo .340.**

+1 for using deodexed 595. I've tried all 3 versions.

SBF files and instructions http://www.mydroidwo...-2-3-340-a.html

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Edited by Kevin108, 18 May 2011 - 10:50 AM.

Kevin108.com | SBF Tools | SBF back to Froyo | Install Gingerbread 588 | Install Gingerbread 596

#1899 OFFLINE   mr.droidx

    Android Pro

  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • Device:droid x

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

ok let me get this straight. i need to have .588 first before i can have .595 deodexed right?

also when i download .588 which ones do i download from the 3 files that have the 3 mirrors. 1 2 or 3?

#1900 OFFLINE   mapatton82

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Device:DX GB 596 OC'ed 1.15 Ghz

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:05 PM

mr.droidx said:

ok let me get this straight. i need to have .588 first before i can have .595 deodexed right?

also when i download .588 which ones do i download from the 3 files that have the 3 mirrors. 1 2 or 3?

Correct, .588 needs to be installed before .595 because it contains the updated baseband. There is 3 files that you need. Each file has 3 mirrors you can download from. Ypu need file 1, 2, and 3 and you must flash them all in a row without rebooting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk





3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users