Check us out:

- - - - -

How to make and receive free calls and texts (UPDATED 8-13-12 easiest method ever)

41 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 674 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

I have just figured out a new way to make and receive free calls and it is the easiest way ever. The instructions can be found at

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

in my Written Tutorials section.

Edited by probbiethe1, 13 August 2012 - 03:23 PM.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   forgednfire

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Device:Droid X-Multiple Roms, Fascinate-Ultimate Kang Bang, and Viewsonic G Tab-Cynanogen Mod 7.0.2 Harmony

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

I haven't gotten a chance to try this out yet but I will and post back in a few days. I love stuff like this. It showcases ingenuity and an active mind. It could be very useful though things like this I usually do because they are cool, techsavvy and there might be that one time where having this saves your a$$. Thank you.

#3 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

Your welcome, let me know how it works for you

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

#4 OFFLINE   dirtydroidx

Android Master

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/dirtydroidx
  • Device:Bionic,facinate,galaxy tab ,thunderbolt

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

It's I have had a pretty similar method on my grab for a while now :-) Nice write up my friend I think u should put thus on the main page.
Become a supporting member at mydroidworld
If I helped you hit the Thanks Button.
Follow me on Twitter @dirtydroidx

#5 OFFLINE   teng247

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

I currently use google voice and Groove IP from the marketplace. Automatically syncs with google voice and has its own built in dialer which you can set to have the phone dialer go through groove ip. Works like a charm. Although I don't think you can get text messages but I don't need that feature. Now I have a house phone using my deactivated droid

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#6 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 674 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

teng247 said:

I currently use google voice and Groove IP from the marketplace. Automatically syncs with google voice and has its own built in dialer which you can set to have the phone dialer go through groove ip. Works like a charm. Although I don't think you can get text messages but I don't need that feature. Now I have a house phone using my deactivated droid

Very nice does groove ip charge you for outbound calls?

#7 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 674 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

dirtydroidx said:

It's I have had a pretty similar method on my grab for a while now :-) Nice write up my friend I think u should put thus on the main page.

Thank you it was a lot of work to figure out. The hardest part was to find something that worked liked gizmo5 or sipgate but wasnt closed to new applicants. Maybe i will put it on the front page, thats a good idea

#8 OFFLINE   jhw0cn

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:05 AM

Hmm can't find Dialer 1 on the market any longer and GrooVe IP is giving me a error saying my password is incorrect when I know for sure it isn't...any ideas?

#9 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 674 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

What device are you using. And there should be a link in this thread to download dialer one.

#10 OFFLINE   jhw0cn

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

Im using the Eee Transformer...i found a link to download dialer one online, however, it said on the market that the program was not compatible on my device :(

#11 OFFLINE   NUNsLAUGHTER92

Droid

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

I haven't watched the video yet, but do you need an actual number to start this? Cause my brother has free 3G because of a loophole in cricket wireless.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

#12 OFFLINE   jhw0cn

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

jhw0cn said:

Im using the Eee Transformer...i found a link to download dialer one online, however, it said on the market that the program was not compatible on my device :(

After a little bit of poking around I've found that making calls isn't an issue at this point but making calls is...I can hear the phone ring, but my device doesn't get anything at all - just a missed call notification once I give up after getting nothing but voicemail

#13 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 674 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

NUNsLAUGHTER92 said:

I haven't watched the video yet, but do you need an actual number to start this? Cause my brother has free 3G because of a loophole in cricket wireless.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

No, if you follow these steps it will give you a number.

#14 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 674 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

jhw0cn said:

After a little bit of poking around I've found that making calls isn't an issue at this point but making calls is...I can hear the phone ring, but my device doesn't get anything at all - just a missed call notification once I give up after getting nothing but voicemail

So is receiving calls the problem or making them?

#15 OFFLINE   jhw0cn

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:56 AM

The problem right now is receiving the calls. I used my house phone to try calling my GV number and get about 6 rings before going to voicemail, I've been trying to find a different app since DialerOne won't go on my phone...but no luck yet :x

#16 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

Very interesting, have you tried calling your google voice number and answering it with express talk?

#17 OFFLINE   NUNsLAUGHTER92

Droid

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

probbiethe1 said:

No, if you follow these steps it will give you a number.

Okay thank you, I'll try it in a little while.

#18 OFFLINE   jhw0cn

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

Yea, express talk works fine - I suppose I just need to get it forwarded to the device itself but I'm pretty clueless at this point :/

#19 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 674 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

Did you set up csipsimple on your device?

#20 OFFLINE   johnwestern

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:lenovo k1

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

I am using a Lenovo K1 with Android 3.2.1. I was able to follow your steps to receive the calls on csipsimple. However I have difficulty in making calls. First, Dialer One doesn't seem to work. I couldn't figure how to make it call although I could open the application and changed the setting as suggested. But there was no "call" button to make call. I then switched to Nettalk application as you suggested for Honeycomb users. The Nettalk did allow me to make outgoing calls but it kind of function as a softphone rather than a dialer because the receiving end showed some "277-845-xxxx" number, not my GV number, which indicated to me that the Nettalk did not communicate with Google Voice Call Free. Am I right? Also on the tablet end, the sound was clear but very low, the receiving end (using regular landline phone),it had a lot background noise and echoing sound. So my question is how to fix these issues.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users