14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chris.gavaletz

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:Droid X 2.3.3 rooted

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

Ok, I have read many forums about gingerbread with root. I might have came across the answer and dismissed it. But will z4root work with gingerbread? Pardon the ignorance but I am a learning noob.

edit : I am running a DX BTW

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   manaox2

Droid

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Device:Droid X 2.3.3

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

The new z4root for gingerbread is called gingerbreak. Google it.

#3 OFFLINE   chris.gavaletz

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:Droid X 2.3.3 rooted

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:36 PM

Just did and already downloaded it. I guess I'm one of the ones still living in the droid stoneage.

#4 OFFLINE   Rotten BoBo

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

Don't feel bad OP, I downloaded Z4root but it wouldn't work for me... meh.

#5 OFFLINE   thearchitect

Droid

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:t_hearchitect

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

Gingerbreak doesnt work on anything newer than 591, unless they have done something in the past day that I'm not aware of so if you want gingerbread with root you gotta do the teamblackhat version of 596, which means you gotta sbf back to froyo and cone back through the works that way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#6 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC
  • Twitter:moosc
  • Device:DroidX on CM7, XOOM WITH HAMMERHEAD, DROID BIONIC ON STEROIDS 893..

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

again it worked on .595 but after you use it u need to get busy box from. the market.

thearchitect said:

Gingerbreak doesnt work on anything newer than 591, unless they have done something in the past day that I'm not aware of so if you want gingerbread with root you gotta do the teamblackhat version of 596, which means you gotta sbf back to froyo and cone back through the works that way.

#7 OFFLINE   Rotten BoBo

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

I tried using the busy box and Z4root, but neither of the two worked.. when you say .596 or .591... are we talking bout the system version? Because I'm running Android 2.2.1 at the moment...

#8 OFFLINE   Kevin108

Android Pro

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Twitter:KevinX108

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

Busybox is a program that helps other apps work with root. z4root won't work at all in Gingerbread. Gingerbreak might work but for some people but for most people, unless you're running a deodexed leak, the /system directory is full and there is no room to install Busybox or SuperUser.
Kevin108.com | SBF Tools | SBF back to Froyo | Install Gingerbread 588 | Install Gingerbread 596

#9 OFFLINE   Rotten BoBo

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

Alright, I'm getting annoyed. I've tried z4root, wouldn't install permanent or temporary, USB was enabled...etc etc... SuperOne / SuperUser, failed as well. Gingerbreak did nothing as well. BusyBox wouldn't even install and yes I had allow third parties app checked... I'm tempted to just hit restore and hope I get the 2.3.3.... iunno.

#10 OFFLINE   Kevin108

Android Pro

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Twitter:KevinX108

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

Stop trying random shit and read! http://www.mydroidwo...g-everyone.html

Kevin108.com | SBF Tools | SBF back to Froyo | Install Gingerbread 588 | Install Gingerbread 596

#11 OFFLINE   thearchitect

Droid

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:t_hearchitect

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

Kevin108 said:

Stop trying random shit and read! http://www.mydroidwo...g-everyone.html

I TOTALLY AGREE, USE THE FORUM AND THE EXPERIENCE OF ITS MEMBERS AND TRUST WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING , Z4ROOT DOES NOT WORK ON GINGERBREAD AND GINGERBREAK DOESN'T WORK ON 596. its very frustrating to see the same thing ask in 30 different post when its very accessible to find the answer that clearly proves we can't root the ota or GB stock " on OUR phones" I'm not trying to be an ass just wish people would stop and think about what they are asking and accept the proven truth about their problem.

#12 OFFLINE   UltraDroid

Droid

• VIP
  • 254 posts
  • Twitter:@1stliberal
  • Device:HTC Inspire 4G and Motorola Atrix 4G - both rooted

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:07 PM

Kevin108 said:

Busybox is a program that helps other apps work with root. z4root won't work at all in Gingerbread. Gingerbreak might work but for some people but for most people, unless you're running a deodexed leak, the /system directory is full and there is no room to install Busybox or SuperUser.

When I went back to the stock .340 base, the first thing I did was re-root with z4Root, and it worked perfectly. I then installed the two part TBH version of Gingerbread and after that was successful, I was still rooted. Then installed the deodexed version of Gingerbread overtop of the earlier one, and I'm still rooted from that initial install of z4Root. So my response is "Yes, z4Root certainly does still work".

-Mike
Rooted HTC Inspire 4G
Absolution Rom

Rooted Motorola Atrix 4G
With UNLOCKED Bootloader

Ninja v0.4.3 Alpha Rom

#13 OFFLINE   kook

Junior Droid

• Developer
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:KookDoes

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

UltraDroid said:

When I went back to the stock .340 base, the first thing I did was re-root with z4Root, and it worked perfectly. I then installed the two part TBH version of Gingerbread and after that was successful, I was still rooted. Then installed the deodexed version of Gingerbread overtop of the earlier one, and I'm still rooted from that initial install of z4Root. So my response is "Yes, z4Root certainly does still work".

-Mike

Wow....long time no see buddy.
Follow me on Twitter!

#14 OFFLINE   UltraDroid

Droid

• VIP
  • 254 posts
  • Twitter:@1stliberal
  • Device:HTC Inspire 4G and Motorola Atrix 4G - both rooted

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

kook said:

Wow....long time no see buddy.

Kook! Yes, it has been TOO long, my friend! :hooray

-Mike
Rooted HTC Inspire 4G
Absolution Rom

Rooted Motorola Atrix 4G
With UNLOCKED Bootloader

Ninja v0.4.3 Alpha Rom

#15 OFFLINE   ksizzle9

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Device:samsung fascinate

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Been a long time since ive posted, and just decided to throw this in, but i have recommend z4root to some friends on Gb, but i havent seen any luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users