21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   alex17

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Moto Droid

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

Dang, this is precisely what I was looking for.

I've always thought (hoped) Droid should have a function like the iPhone magnifier, it's really elegant. But once you get there, of course you can't do much other than type. This functionality in Swype is much more powerful. I've been using Swype for awhile but like others here, I never understood Swype had this set of features. It was the i-sym comment that clued me in....THANKS!

Future hope: we still need something like the iphone magnifier, for accurately and quickly positioning cursor to make simple changes. Then, if there were a way to get from that to the Swype i-sym screen with its much more robust editing power....shaazzaam.

Thanks again for the great tip.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#22 OFFLINE   networkgamer

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Device:Droid A855

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:31 PM

On a rooted droid, or any android phone for that matter, with setcpu, make a profile for when the screen is off to go as low as you can, like 125/250mhz. Then when its doing nothing in your pocket or wherever, it uses the least battery, and as soon as you turn the screen on it jumps up to whatever clock you want it to be at. I do this and get great battery life on my droid. This also applies to a phone call with the proximity sensor, so instead of talking to a person and it being at 550/600/800/1000+mhz, its at 125 or 250mhz (or whatever clock you set), which is all you need for a phone call.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users