3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   89towncarsig

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:Droid 1

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:58 AM

Hello I am new here, hope every one is well, bought my wife a Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet T310 and have been doing a little research on how to root it, overclock it, and load a custom rom on it, I understand it will never run like my Xoom, but it could run alot faster and have the ability to download apps from android market, has anyone successully done this?, if so, what rom did you load?, My son rooted my Droid 1 phone and i loaded an overclocker and am now running it at 800mhz instead of 550mhz, there is a big difference in the performance of my phone now.....just thinking I could do the same to the Cruz Tablet....just wanted advice from people I trust instead of random Youtube Videos LOL...Thanks TJ

Edited by 89towncarsig, 31 May 2011 - 01:14 AM.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   89towncarsig

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:Droid 1

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

Anyone????

#3 OFFLINE   jdbart11

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:HTC Inspire nook

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news. I had a T301 for less than 1 full day before I returned it. Apparently the hardware and chipset in these things wont run much. I was unable to find anyone who had succeeded in rooting one and was told that NO One is wasting their time on them. Like I said, the chi[set itself wont handle most if not almost all aps, including the ones it ships with. For a 99 dollar tablet that you can give to a 3rd or 5th grader like I have it would be ok and u can have little investment loss if they kill it. I like that it shipped with a case and a stand for it though.....

#4 OFFLINE   jdbart11

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:HTC Inspire nook

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

If I may suggest ? Find yourself a nook color. You can find a brand new one at Staples for 199 and many in great to xcellent condition on line elsewhere. There are a lot of customized roms for these and I have had great luck with the 3 that have passed through my hands. They can be a little wonky when running a lot at once but I have found them to be rock solid performers. I would love it if they made a 10 + inch model.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users