#1 OFFLINE   StingRay

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter:www.twitter.com/C6StingRay
  • Device:Droid

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:44 AM

Was looking into the Gingerbread tethering issue and noticed this post on androidforums...

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Describes a solution for Droid X, but wondering if there is a similar solution for the Pro....(P3 you out there?)...talks about a TBH "patch" that is available to run...

I rarely use tethering, and certainly don't rack up huge usage like some people have stated they have, but would like to have the ability if I need to use my tablet and I'm not in wifi range....

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   jwgraves

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:Droid Pro

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:44 AM

StingRay - any luck on tethering with the Pro running GB? My Wireless Tether stopped working as soon as I upgraded to GB so I downloaded the TBH wifi patch. I tried running the patch from recovery but it was stuck on "NV update 1 of 4...". I had to reboot the phone and tethering worked once but now no longer works. I tried the TBH wifi unpatch and it also gets stuck on "NV update 1 of 4...".

#3 OFFLINE   chinkster

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:Verizon Droid Pro

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

have you guys tried the "experimental" version of the wireless tether app? i have that and it is working for me...

#4 OFFLINE   CellZealot

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 414 posts
  • Device:D1,D2 dev, DX dev, D2G dev, D Pro dev, D3, Bionic

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:08 AM

Global devices never had a patch released and require manually doing the NV edits with RadioComm as shown in the thread in the Android Hacks section of this forum.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Digital alchemy for Droid and beyond

#5 OFFLINE   vulcanrider

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Droid Pro

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:38 AM

Thank you for the information CellZealot! I applied the settings manually as you indicated and it is working! The only issue I have is that once I disconnect, my email and various apps do not have a data connection. However, my browser still brings up webpages fine. I have to power down and back up (no battery pull required) to restore connectivity. Did I do something a bit wrong, or is this expected? I am using WiFi Tether 3.1 beta2 on a DroidPro running Gingerbread. Thanks again for all you guys do and keep up the good work!

EDIT: Also, I have the WiFi Tether set to use Droid X as my device.

EDIT: I found that enabling and disabling airplane mode seems to take care of the issue, so that makes it a little more convenient.

Edited by vulcanrider, 25 August 2011 - 08:20 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   Dr.Lord

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Droid pro Droid3

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:38 PM

Just got my Droid pro and I do want to get the most out of it just dont know what rooted is yet and how to use it to tether will this save me some $$$
no need in giving it to the big boys...

#7 OFFLINE   Dr.Lord

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Droid pro Droid3

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

Just got my Droid pro and I do want to get the most out of it just dont know what rooted is yet and how to use it to tether will this save me some $$$
no need in giving it to the big boys...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users