63 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   S.V.

Droid

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

*****Updated To Version 3*****

This is a stripped down version of 596 Deodexed. The list below contains all the files that were removed. This 596 GB with all the bloat removed for people that do not want a custom Rom because they like Gingerbread...but want a better Gingerbread..IMO. I have been running this for two weeks and it is very fast and smooth. You can download apps from the market to build your phone the way you want. This is much better than freezing or deleting them with Titanium. You need to be on a fresh version of

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

1) Download

1A) Download

2) Boot in D2 Bootstrap
3) Wipe Delvik Cache (optional)
4) Wipe Cache (optional)
5) Wipe Data/Factory Reset
6) Install Zip From SDcard
7) Choose Zip (Select GB_596_Mod On your SDcard)
8) Select Yes
9) Reboot When Install Completes.
10) Same method used from Rom Manager.

Please let Me know Of Any Issues!

Adservice
Amazonmp3
BackupAssistanceClient
Blockbuster
Blur_facebook
Blur_flickr
Blur_lastfm
Blur_linkedin
Blur_myspace
Blur_orkut
Blur_photobucket
Blur_picasa
Blur_skyrock
Blur_twitter
Blur_Yahoo
Blur_youtube
BlurEmail
BlurUpdater_VZW
BooksPhone
Buacontactadapter
Calculator
CityID
Cmas
DLNA
DlnaSystemService
Droideye
FMRadioservice
FriendFeed
Globalunplug
GoogleQuickSearchBox
HelpCenter
HomeSyncWizard
Kindle
KpiLogger
LiveWallpapers (must use root exporler after installed and go to preinstall/symlink and delete Forestwallpaper.apk to completely remove)
LiveWallpapersPicker
Madden (must use root exporler after installed and go to preinstall/symlink and delete madded.apk and libmadden.so to completely remove)
MagicSmokeWallpapers
Maps
MessagesWidget
Messaging
MotoFMRadio
MyVerizon
NewsWidget
PhotoWidget
Protips
QuickContactWidget
Quickoffice
QuickSms
Skype_mobile.live
SocialMessaging
SocialShare
StatusWidget
StickyNoteWidget
Street
Talk
Togglewigets
UniversalInbox
VCast
Visualizationwallpapers
VpnClient
VpnServices
VSuiteApp
Vvm
VZWInstaller
VZW_Nav_DroidX_vel_Prod_signed
WeatherWidget
WorkContacts
Yahoocontacts
YouTube

APKS that were removed

(This is not a zip file that can be installed. You have to add the apks individually. I can add some back if you request it.)

Note: If you like this check out Xcellerated! http://www.mydroidwo...cellerated.html

Attached Files

Edited by S.V., 23 June 2011 - 09:01 AM.
Updated to Version 3 (Fixed Calendar)

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   XDRDX

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

Work contacts is needed for corporate sync and so is blur email. Messaging being removed will cause no text messages to come through and there are many other files that are required here for basic functionality. I would not recommend anyone flashing this that wants to maintain basic functionality.

This gives what may be commonly known as a base but most people will not want to run this with out a more in depth knowledge of android.

You will NEED to add back in some apk's to maintain functionality unless you you are building apps from source and then programming the modifications for those apps to integrate with the OS properly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Edited by XDRDX, 06 June 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   S.V.

Droid

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

XDRDX said:

Work contacts is needed for corporate sync and so is blur email. Messaging being removed will cause no text messages to come through and there are many other files that are required here for basic functionality. I would not recommend anyone flashing this that wants to maintain basic functionality.

This gives what may be commonly known as a base but most people will not want to run this with out a more in depth knowledge of android.

You will NEED to add back in some apk's to maintain functionality unless you you are building apps from source and then programming the modifications for those apps to integrate with the OS properly.

Actually this functions well and texting does work...Send and receive. True statement about Corporate sync though. I only removed it because the people I asked did not want it or need it when I asked them. If there is a demand for Corporate sync, I will upload that version as well. I am uploading all the apks that were removed and they can easily be dropped back in using 7z if needed. If anyone needs help with that please let me know. This is currently running on 4 Droid X's and there have not been any issue's. look at it this way, if you flash it and don't like it you can flash 596 right over it and you will have only lost a 1/2 hour of your time.

Thanks!

#4 OFFLINE   Pepe

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

I just installed this. I cant believe how much stuff was removed and my phone works great. It scrolls way smoother. Text messaging works great although I use Handcent anyway. I do not use the work email but I do use google maps and google navigation. I downloaded them from the market and they installed great. Thanks for this download. Can you do any custom theming?

#5 OFFLINE   S.V.

Droid

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

Pepe said:

I just installed this. I cant believe how much stuff was removed and my phone works great. It scrolls way smoother. Text messaging works great although I use Handcent anyway. I do not use the work email but I do use google maps and google navigation. I downloaded them from the market and they installed great. Thanks for this download. Can you do any custom theming?

No theming...Sorry. I am going to upload another Version with some cool stuff added. It should post tonight or in the morning.

#6 OFFLINE   torino216

Droid

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@torino216
  • Device:droid x

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

If you could add back the things that I would need for corporate email and I'm in!

#7 OFFLINE   S.V.

Droid

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

torino216 said:

If you could add back the things that I would need for corporate email and I'm in!

I can do that. I will upload it tonight an post it first thing tomorrow.

#8 OFFLINE   BigScottX

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:09 PM

can we install crt animation and battery mod on this??

#9 OFFLINE   S.V.

Droid

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

BigScottX said:

can we install crt animation and battery mod on this??

Yes...And I do have a post with CRT, 10% Battery and 4G . http://www.mydroidwo...highlight=bloat

#10 OFFLINE   BigScottX

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

ok, Thanks!!

#11 OFFLINE   KOBALT

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Device:BIONIK

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

Ooooh. Im gonna have to try this. Well done sir.

Sent from my DROIDX

#12 OFFLINE   S.V.

Droid

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:37 AM

BigScottX said:

ok, Thanks!!

Link with corp email added. I do not have corp email so I could not test this but all the files should be in place.

#13 OFFLINE   S.V.

Droid

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

KOBALT said:

Ooooh. Im gonna have to try this. Well done sir.

Sent from my DROIDX

No problem...You will really enjoy this. I also have another...http://www.mydroidwo...highlight=bloat

#14 OFFLINE   S.V.

Droid

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

Any feedback? Things you would like to see?

#15 OFFLINE   S.V.

Droid

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

New Xcellerated Rom ready for download...Check it out http://www.mydroidwo...cellerated.html

#16 OFFLINE   rcguymike

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

Just curious as to why you removed, Amazonmp3, Calculator, FMRadioservice, Kindle, Maps, MotoFMRadio, NewsWidget, Quickoffice, StickyNoteWidget, and YouTube.

P.S. If I have .588 i can install TBH .596 then "Bloat Free Gingerbread 596 Deodexed 4G - CRT - 10% Battery Mod" w/out factory data reset/wipe?

Edited by rcguymike, 16 June 2011 - 03:28 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   S.V.

Droid

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

rcguymike said:

Just curious as to why you removed, Amazonmp3, Calculator, FMRadioservice, Kindle, Maps, MotoFMRadio, NewsWidget, Quickoffice, StickyNoteWidget, and YouTube.

P.S. If I have .588 i can install TBH .596 then this w/out factory data reset/wipe?

Yes you can. That will work fine. This was designed to be a stripped down, bloat free rom. You can add those apks before installing the rom if you would like. I can give you instructions. You will need a computer and 7zip. Its pretty easy.

#18 OFFLINE   rcguymike

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

yes please.

#19 OFFLINE   Rruready

Droid

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Device:Droid X-GB CM7 AT LAST!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

S.V. said:

Yes you can. That will work fine. This was designed to be a stripped down, bloat free rom. You can add those apks before installing the rom if you would like. I can give you instructions. You will need a computer and 7zip. Its pretty easy.
I would like detailed instructions on this too please. Thanks for your efforts!

#20 OFFLINE   S.V.

Droid

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:54 PM

rcguymike said:

yes please.

Here is the best way to replace apk. I will you a Youtube.apk as an example. The Put the Rom.zip(whichever one you downloaded) on your computer. Use a free program called 7-zip to open archive. First step...take the Rom on your computer and right click/select 7-zip/open archive. Double click on 596 folder...the double click app folder. you will now see the apks. Just drag and drop the Youtube.apk (available post #1) and drop it anywhere on the open app folder. Then just use the green arrow at the top of 7-zip to back out of it all. Drop the rom back on your sdcard and reinstall right over ther top of what you already installed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users