9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:26 AM

**I will be constantly updating the list**

So you are getting ready to perform a Nandroid Restore but you keep getting status errors...what do they mean and what should you do? So, let's start....

Nandroid exited with Status.....
  • 2 - There are missing files in the back up.
  • 21 - Filename has spaces in it. Rename file and take out spaces.
  • 25 - There is an extra subfolder somewhere. Make sure that you unzip folders that need to be unzipped and only place the folder that contains boot, image, etc into the Nandroid back up.
  • 28 - Do a Wipe/Factory Reset in Recovery Mode as there is a corrupt in ROM. Make sure you back up first.
  • 34 - This one shows up during back up attempt...means not enough space on SD card.
  • 35 - Back up name is too long (too many letters/characters). Shorten name.

Edited by olta777, 02 March 2010 - 12:36 AM.

> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   padan

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:00 PM

First off Hi gang! I am currently finishing up updating my phone using your wonderfull guides to 2.2 from 2.1. I ran across this error while setting up my Custom Recovery Image and perform a backup (either simple or advanced):

nandroid exited with status 31

The solution I discovered was simply to mount the sd card on up, and create a folder called "nandroid" (no quotes of course) in the root folder of the sd card. This solved my error! Hope this helps and thank you all for all of your great work.

edited for spelling and a bit more detail

#3 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:28 PM

Thanks padan and most welcome to my droid world!!!! :)

> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel

#4 OFFLINE   deep.p609

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Device:Moto Droid

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:55 PM

im getting code #20 do you know whats all that about im tryna get droid for the NON roooted version followed all the instructions just having problems restoring. PLS help

#5 OFFLINE   roadrunnerkcmv

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Device:Moto Droid

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

I was successfully rooted and attempted to flash SPRecovery, don't ask me why, cuz I'm not sure. :( I have since found the ez guide for noobs, and would like to use that method instead. Problem is, phone will not go past the Moto sign on startup. I CAN get to the restore menu, though I get an error 21 when doing a simple restore... HELP please!

Can I Download someone else's backup to my sd card through PC??? I'm hoping.

#6 OFFLINE   IMA_210

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Driod By Motorola

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:40 PM

padan said:

First off Hi gang! I am currently finishing up updating my phone using your wonderfull guides to 2.2 from 2.1. I ran across this error while setting up my Custom Recovery Image and perform a backup (either simple or advanced):

nandroid exited with status 31

The solution I discovered was simply to mount the sd card on up, and create a folder called "nandroid" (no quotes of course) in the root folder of the sd card. This solved my error! Hope this helps and thank you all for all of your great work.

edited for spelling and a bit more detail

I have also ran into this error, even with a nandroid folder on the root of my sd card. What I did was to delete the existing folder since it was empty anyway, and just created a new directory named "nandroid" without the quotes as well. All is well once again after booting into recovery I am now able to make a backup.

#7 OFFLINE   Rasterizer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid (Motoroi LA)

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

View Postdeep.p609, on 08 July 2010 - 04:55 PM, said:

im getting code #20 do you know whats all that about im tryna get droid for the NON roooted version followed all the instructions just having problems restoring. PLS help

Same. Tried option to mount SD Card- but everytime I go to advanced restore, it failes with error #20 - trying to select which backup to use returns something similar to "can't connect to E:/SDCARD/nandroid/" - if you return to the mount section - it shows the SDCARD unmounted again. cache wiping, data wiping, rince and repeat- same problem each time.

#8 OFFLINE   -Ö¿Ö-

Droid

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

Is this what you are "NON roooted"? If so, that may be your problem.
-Ö¿Ö-

#9 OFFLINE   Rasterizer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid (Motoroi LA)

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

View Post-Ö¿Ö-, on 03 May 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

Is this what you are "NON roooted"? If so, that may be your problem.

The sbf flashes fine. I'm not sure exactly HOW I finally got it to take the backup. But after pouring over various forums and seeing similar problems- the method that worked in order was to follow the typical non-root hack guide. Install the SBF and build the /nandroid/ folder with whatever version of the OS you intend to replace, yada yada... just as the guides suggest.

BUT, when the phone initially flashes after the SBF is loaded with RSD Lite, and the phone goes to reboot, IMMEDIATELY hold the "x" key down to enter the nandroid loader. To not let it reboot on its own and go through the power cycle routine again. That seemed to keep the SD card mounted. I tried all other 'remove the battery' 'clear the cache/data', reseat the SD card, etc. etc. multiple times. At any rate- I hope this helps- The "existing with 20 error" is a simple matter of not having the SD card mounted... and although a day (year or two) late and a few models short- In Mexico, the A854 droid (called Motoroi here.- but identical to the Verizon version.) is still sold through corporate plans... and it NEVER receives OS updates from the carrier Iusacell - so brute force is the only method. Planning on relocating back to the U.S. soon and will definitely buy something more 'this century.' At any rate the guide listed at A Guide to get Froyo - for NON-ROOTED users - MyDroidWorld works, it's just a really stubborn phone sometimes. Phone is now at 2.2 and rooted via this method. The SBF hack file used at the above link "SD mount" option doesn't seem to 'hold' once you leave that particular menu.... and return to the backup/restore sections... that was the 'stuck' point for me. My phone thinks it's from Verizon now... but functions 100% as an Iusacell phone... plus now I get the cool 'droid' voices and sounds instead of the local carrier's rather annoying jingle.

Edited by Rasterizer, 03 May 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   -Ö¿Ö-

Droid

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

I believe what we have here is a failure to communicate correctly. I was under the impression that you were trying to create a nandroid from a NON-ROOTED Droid, which is not the case here. You were trying to use someone elses nandroid after a SBF to gain an updated Android Version from what you already had.

Now that that has been figured out and you've successfully accomplished your goal...Congrats!
-Ö¿Ö-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users