#2461 OFFLINE   FernBch

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Device:Droid X on DarkSlideX

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

cpurick said:

DSX is still .596. Andrew appears to have moved on. My guess is that he no longer uses a Droid X. He hasn't shown any interest in turning his source code over to anyone else.

I'd recommend VorteX. Similar idea to DSX, though the art's not quite as good IMO. But at least it's based on .605. The current VorteX release candidate is ready-for-prime time as long as you get the latest version of the VorteX Toolbox from the Market.

That's too bad. BBC's work with DSX is some of the best I've seen.
My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2462 OFFLINE   B.E.McAllister

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

I personal haven't had any problems with it and flash between Wulf's rivers theme, his prime theme, and now his x-mas theme almost weekly. As long as I have themes I almost feel like I have a new phone every week.

#2463 OFFLINE   milski65

Droid

• VIP
  • 245 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

FernBch said:

One other question, don't know if anyone ran into this or not. I reflashed and updated the basband with DXC's baseband updater. After SBF, I was on 13p, after 596 two-part was 13p, after DSX was back to 12p. Suggestions??

I flashed tbh 602 for 13 radio, then flashed dsx. Brought me back to 596 but kept 13 radio. I've stated before, and I'll state again. Primary X runs dsx and Vortex rc1 only. IMO there are no better roms for reliability and battery life, and I've flashed more than a few. You want bugs, dropped data and wifi, ect. flash away. But my phone is unbeatable with these 2 roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#2464 OFFLINE   tattoorat77

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

on my droid x i am running the apex rom. can i just install darkslide just like i installed apex. I have a droid bionic and have tried many roms on it and they all install alike and replace the previous one. i just want to make sure it will work the same on the droid x before i try it.

#2465 OFFLINE   don.fief

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Device:DX running VorteX, Charge, Gome tablet (rooted and hacked), and Nook Color running Phiremo

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

OK, I screwed up. I had VorteX installed, and I wanted the swipe keyboard. The one I had from DarkslideX was labled as stock, so I installed it from Clockwork recovery. Now I am in a bootloop. How can I get into recovery, and how do I uninstall it?

Thanks!

Don

I somehow managed to get into clockwork recovery and did a restore of the system. My phone is back up... Thanks anyway.

Don

Edited by don.fief, 16 January 2012 - 11:34 AM.

#2466 OFFLINE   crmsonknight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

Link is broken again

#2467 OFFLINE   xjacobx

Android Pro

• Developer
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Twitter:xJacobSRx
  • Device:Rezound and Transformer

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

crmsonknight, on 06 February 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

Link is broken again

It was probably on mega upload... i can post a link from my dropbox later tonight, i don't think i have it in there now tho.
Creator of BlueBread for the Droid X

#2468 OFFLINE   Paul653

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

Are the batt stats in 1%?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2469 OFFLINE   xjacobx

Android Pro

• Developer
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Twitter:xJacobSRx
  • Device:Rezound and Transformer

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

Paul653, on 06 February 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Are the batt stats in 1%?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

i believe they were in 10% i haven't run it in a long time tho
Creator of BlueBread for the Droid X

#2470 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts
  • Twitter:@NatttyBee
  • Device:Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

xjacobx, on 07 February 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

i believe they were in 10% i haven't run it in a long time tho
I believe you are correct, though my DX is long gone, do I cannot double check

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#2471 OFFLINE   TheForgottenOne

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

I am trying to click on the download and it sends me to a page that says " Hey what are you looking for, it is not here.." Can anyone post a working link or working download please!

#2472 OFFLINE   djg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

Yes fix link please!^^^^^^^^
Thanks in advance

#2473 OFFLINE   rugman1969

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

Ok folks. I have been running Darkslide for a while now, and I am trying to see what version I have, and if there is any updated versions. It has been running fine for months, but has started to get a little buggy, (ie hesitation when trying to do anything, force closes, etc). I would like to stay with darkslide, but I cannot continue to use it in this fashion. sys version shows 4.5.596.MB810. kernel version 2.6.32.9. Anyone can answer this, or if there have been updates that can fix these problems? Thanks

#2474 OFFLINE   stryker

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

rugman1969, on 05 March 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

Ok folks. I have been running Darkslide for a while now, and I am trying to see what version I have, and if there is any updated versions. It has been running fine for months, but has started to get a little buggy, (ie hesitation when trying to do anything, force closes, etc). I would like to stay with darkslide, but I cannot continue to use it in this fashion. sys version shows 4.5.596.MB810. kernel version 2.6.32.9. Anyone can answer this, or if there have been updates that can fix these problems? Thanks

Do you ever clear your cache ever? Not clearing it for a long time can make your phone sluggish as hell. boot into clockwork and wipe cache, and wipe dalvik while you're there, reboot. Your phone should be fast as heak now. If you're still getting force closes, which you will get stuff force closing once in a while no matter what ROM you are on. Run fix permissions in ROM manager. And the version of darkslide you are on is it. There will be no more. I suggest flashing one of the many .605 roms. They are all really good. Miui is my daily driver. If you like stock motto blur like how darkslide is, liberty, vortex would be you're best bet. Apex is awesome too, and omfgb is one of my favorites. Its really stripped down and fast.

«=(.stryker.originals.miui.)=»

Edited by stryker, 05 March 2012 - 09:20 PM.

-*[.stryk3.apeX.]*-

#2475 OFFLINE   rugman1969

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

stryker, on 05 March 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

Do you ever clear your cache ever? Not clearing it for a long time can make your phone sluggish as hell. boot into clockwork and wipe cache, and wipe dalvik while you're there, reboot. Your phone should be fast as heak now. If you're still getting force closes, which you will get stuff force closing once in a while no matter what ROM you are on. Run fix permissions in ROM manager. And the version of darkslide you are on is it. There will be no more. I suggest flashing one of the many .605 roms. They are all really good. Miui is my daily driver. If you like stock motto blur like how darkslide is, liberty, vortex would be you're best bet. Apex is awesome too, and omfgb is one of my favorites. Its really stripped down and fast.

«=(.stryker.originals.miui.)=»

Thanks. So do they have an update for Darkslide?

#2476 OFFLINE   stryker

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

rugman1969, on 07 March 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Thanks. So do they have an update for Darkslide?
Nope what u got is it. No more updates ever again. Everybody moved on to newer devices. Wizards miui is about all the development that will b going down for the x. that rom is a beast. Battery is good and is has the most options then any other rom. If u like darkslide x, and it's causing u problems. Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache and reinstall the rom from scratch again.

On my ipod touch today (.stryker.)
-*[.stryk3.apeX.]*-

#2477 OFFLINE   Chunkerz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

I joined this forum just to download this ROM, but it turns out I joined for nothing because the link is dead :bigcry

#2478 OFFLINE   N3RO2403

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

i fear that flashing for droid x is dead its self

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users