Jump to content

Check us out:

- - - - -

DX2 SBF and RSD Lite 5.3.1 with Drivers


21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jolly_*

  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

This is a full factory sbf for the DroidX2. You can not use this with any other Rsdlite/Drivers besides those below.


Full Sbf file Download:

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!



Other mirrors:

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!




Our Friends in Team Black Hat have another gift to the Community. I was asked post this..


Rsdlite and Drivers:

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!




Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Edited by Jolly, 25 June 2011 - 01:27 PM.


Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

    MyDroidWorld.com



#2 Guest_Jolly_*

  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

Reserved for P3Droid

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#3 Guest_Jolly_*

  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

Instructions:

1) Download the file from the link.

2) Install the Drivers on Your Computer.

3) Install RSDLite on Your Computer.

4) Put the SBF File in an easy to Find Place like your Desktop.

5) If you need to SBF Boot your into the Bootloader by holding power and volume up. ( Thank You P3Droid for that piece of information)

6) Open RSDLite And Load the SBF File. There is a Window With a button next to it click the button and Navigate to where you stored the SBF File and select it.

7) Plug your phone into the computer. When RSDLite sees it Click Start and let the process run. It will reboot your phone when it's complete. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE FROM YOUR COMPUTER UNTIL THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE.

8) If your phone Bootloops after SBF Battery Pull Boot into stock recovery and factory reset a few times then reboot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Edited by Jolly, 25 June 2011 - 04:40 PM.


#4 OFFLINE   sabroso

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Thanks Jolly,
by the way this SBF is Froyo o Gingerbread???
I miss if there are GB offcial fod DX yet.
Thanks in advance :emo_im_surprised:

#5 OFFLINE   onemotodroid

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:droid moto

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

can someone post instruction / steps for installing?

#6 Guest_Jolly_*

  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

The SBF is Froyo the DX2 doesn't have Gingerbread yet and don't thank me thank TBH I was just asked to start a thread and post a link I was given.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#7 OFFLINE   B0bby

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Device:DroidX2

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

Thanks guys. Going through withdraws.........

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

#8 Guest_Jolly_*

  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:42 PM

onemotodroid said:

can someone post instruction / steps for installing?

Done.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#9 OFFLINE   B0bby

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Device:DroidX2

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:37 AM

Just incase you dont know how to do a factory reset. On the DX2 it took me awhile.. just thought I would share

1. Turn the Droid X2 off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button on the side of the device, then press and hold the Power button on the top of the device.
3. Wait about 5 seconds then release the Power button, but continue to hold Volume Down.
4. When the Fastboot screen loads, release the Volume Down button.
5. Use the Volume Down button to toggle the setting down to the Android Recovery selection.
6. Press power button to choose the selection.
7. Use the Volume Down button to toggle the setting to the wipe data / factory reset selection.
8. Press the Power button to make the selection.
9. Use the Volume Down button to toggle the setting to Yes.
10. Press Power to make the selection.
11. The Droid X2 will then take a few minutes to complete the factory reset. When it's finished you will have an option to reboot system now. You can use the Power button to select it.
You have successfully performed a factory reset on the Motorola Droid X2. The device will now look just as it did when it was powered on the first time.

Edited by B0bby, 28 June 2011 - 01:58 PM.


#10 OFFLINE   HemiDroid03

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Device:Motorola DROID

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

Here's a really dumb question, what software can I use to unzip the RAR files?? :(

#11 OFFLINE   B0bby

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Device:DroidX2

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

I use root explorer. To extract rar files. And use winrar on pc.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Edited by B0bby, 28 June 2011 - 03:43 PM.


#12 OFFLINE   Nett0

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Droid X2

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

So what exactly can this SBF file do for me? Sorry, i've been wanting to install a custom rom on my droid x2, but i herd moto locked it so it's going to be a little while until someone finds a work around.

#13 OFFLINE   B0bby

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Device:DroidX2

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:40 AM

Nett0 said:

So what exactly can this SBF file do for me? Sorry, i've been wanting to install a custom rom on my droid x2, but i herd moto locked it so it's going to be a little while until someone finds a work around.

SBF file will take your phone back to stock.
and as of yet there is no rom's for the Droid X2.

#14 OFFLINE   roy5000x2

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:DX2

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:53 PM

So I need help with the factory reset portion of resetting my phone. I can get into the "menu" to select between different options, I choose Android Recovery, and then I get the green alien with a warning triangle. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, or if I'm screwed and need a new phone.

EDIT: Figured it out. When you run into the warning triangle, hold both up and down volume keys to continue to the next step.

Edited by roy5000x2, 18 July 2011 - 05:57 PM.


#15 OFFLINE   quadjacks

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

SBF link is dead!

#16 OFFLINE   Dark_Wizard

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:DX2

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Get it here -> h t t p : / / www . filesonic . com/ file/ 1301697094 / VRZ_MB870_DTN-14.8_1FF_01.sbf.gz

Can't post links yet so remove spaces

#17 OFFLINE   quadjacks

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

Dark_Wizard said:

Get it here -> h t t p : / / www . filesonic . com/ file/ 1301697094 / VRZ_MB870_DTN-14.8_1FF_01.sbf.gz

Can't post links yet so remove spaces
Thanks

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1301697094/VRZ_MB870_DTN-14.8_1FF_01.sbf.gz


#18 OFFLINE   adrock0211

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Droid X2

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:06 AM

So I have a couple of questions because I am trying to flash this SBF so I can grab the new rooted Gingerbread from P3Droid. First of all when I open up RSDLite I have to change the file name of the SBF because it ends in .gz So once I remove the .gz and leave the filename ending in .sbf RSDLite sees it.

Ok part 2...when I hold down the power button and the volume up button to boot into the bootloader it just say goes to the "Motorola Dual Core Technology" screen with "Starting RSD protocol support" at the top in white letters. Then it just sticks there indefinetely. I assumed that was where I needed to be so when I connect my phone to the computer and hit start on RSD Lite it just shows "failed flashing process. Failed Flashing Process. (0x7100); Phone Connected.

Any help is greatly appreciate because I can't seem to get this to flash.

Thanks in advance.

#19 OFFLINE   rinzes

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

adrock0211 said:

So I have a couple of questions because I am trying to flash this SBF so I can grab the new rooted Gingerbread from P3Droid. First of all when I open up RSDLite I have to change the file name of the SBF because it ends in .gz So once I remove the .gz and leave the filename ending in .sbf RSDLite sees it.

Thanks in advance.

You have to unzip the .gz (extract) the file not rename it

#20 OFFLINE   Coog

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:Droid X2

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

Jolly said:

Instructions:

1) Download the file from the link.

2) Install the Drivers on Your Computer.

3) Install RSDLite on Your Computer.

4) Put the SBF File in an easy to Find Place like your Desktop.

5) If you need to SBF Boot your into the Bootloader by holding power and volume up. ( Thank You P3Droid for that piece of information)

6) Open RSDLite And Load the SBF File. There is a Window With a button next to it click the button and Navigate to where you stored the SBF File and select it.

7) Plug your phone into the computer. When RSDLite sees it Click Start and let the process run. It will reboot your phone when it's complete. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE FROM YOUR COMPUTER UNTIL THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE.

8) If your phone Bootloops after SBF Battery Pull Boot into stock recovery and factory reset a few times then reboot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I guess I thought the process was done so I unplugged and now I believe my phone is "bootlooping". I havent been able to stop it from restarting and so I tried to do the following


B0bby said:

Just incase you dont know how to do a factory reset. On the DX2 it took me awhile.. just thought I would share

1. Turn the Droid X2 off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button on the side of the device, then press and hold the Power button on the top of the device.
3. Wait about 5 seconds then release the Power button, but continue to hold Volume Down.
4. When the Fastboot screen loads, release the Volume Down button.
5. Use the Volume Down button to toggle the setting down to the Android Recovery selection.
6. Press power button to choose the selection.
7. Use the Volume Down button to toggle the setting to the wipe data / factory reset selection.
8. Press the Power button to make the selection.
9. Use the Volume Down button to toggle the setting to Yes.
10. Press Power to make the selection.
11. The Droid X2 will then take a few minutes to complete the factory reset. When it's finished you will have an option to reboot system now. You can use the Power button to select it.
You have successfully performed a factory reset on the Motorola Droid X2. The device will now look just as it did when it was powered on the first time.

But when I get to step 5 and click in Android Recovery, it only stays on the exclamation point inside of a triangle and a little android next to it.

Additional Info: RsdLite doesnt see my device.

Please advise?

----------

Solution:

Power the device off.
-- Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
-- If the device isn't responding, Remove / replace the battery.
Press and hold Volume down then press the Power button (approx. 3-5 seconds) to power the device on. Continue holding Volume down.
When Fastboot appears (located at the top), release Volume down.
Press Volume down (seven times) to select Android Recovery then press Volume up.
When presented with the Android screen, simultaneously press Volume up / down.
Press Volume down (twice) to select wipe data / factory reset then press the Power button.
Press Volume down (once) to select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button.
When the data wipe is complete, ensure reboot system now is selected then press the Power button.

Source: h t t p s : / / motorola-global-portal . custhelp. com /a pp/ ans wers/detai l/a_id/638 75/p_co un try_cod e/U S

Edited by Coog, 06 September 2011 - 07:20 PM.
Found Solution






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users