1) Download the file from the link.
2) Install the Drivers on Your Computer.
3) Install RSDLite on Your Computer.
4) Put the SBF File in an easy to Find Place like your Desktop.
5) If you need to SBF Boot your into the Bootloader by holding power and volume up. ( Thank You P3Droid for that piece of information)
6) Open RSDLite And Load the SBF File. There is a Window With a button next to it click the button and Navigate to where you stored the SBF File and select it.
7) Plug your phone into the computer. When RSDLite sees it Click Start and let the process run. It will reboot your phone when it's complete. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE FROM YOUR COMPUTER UNTIL THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE.
8) If your phone Bootloops after SBF Battery Pull Boot into stock recovery and factory reset a few times then reboot.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I guess I thought the process was done so I unplugged and now I believe my phone is "bootlooping". I havent been able to stop it from restarting and so I tried to do the following
Just incase you dont know how to do a factory reset. On the DX2 it took me awhile.. just thought I would share
1. Turn the Droid X2 off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button on the side of the device, then press and hold the Power button on the top of the device.
3. Wait about 5 seconds then release the Power button, but continue to hold Volume Down.
4. When the Fastboot screen loads, release the Volume Down button.
5. Use the Volume Down button to toggle the setting down to the Android Recovery selection.
6. Press power button to choose the selection.
7. Use the Volume Down button to toggle the setting to the wipe data / factory reset selection.
8. Press the Power button to make the selection.
9. Use the Volume Down button to toggle the setting to Yes.
10. Press Power to make the selection.
11. The Droid X2 will then take a few minutes to complete the factory reset. When it's finished you will have an option to reboot system now. You can use the Power button to select it.
You have successfully performed a factory reset on the Motorola Droid X2. The device will now look just as it did when it was powered on the first time.
But when I get to step 5 and click in Android Recovery, it only stays on the exclamation point inside of a triangle and a little android next to it.
Additional Info: RsdLite doesnt see my device.
Power the device off.
-- Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
-- If the device isn't responding, Remove / replace the battery.
Press and hold Volume down then press the Power button (approx. 3-5 seconds) to power the device on. Continue holding Volume down.
When Fastboot appears (located at the top), release Volume down.
Press Volume down (seven times) to select Android Recovery then press Volume up.
When presented with the Android screen, simultaneously press Volume up / down.
Press Volume down (twice) to select wipe data / factory reset then press the Power button.
Press Volume down (once) to select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button.
When the data wipe is complete, ensure reboot system now is selected then press the Power button.
Source: h t t p s : / / motorola-global-portal . custhelp. com /a pp/ ans wers/detai l/a_id/638 75/p_co un try_cod e/U S
Edited by Coog, 06 September 2011 - 07:20 PM.