#21 OFFLINE   alphabets

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Device:X

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:21 AM

Bigralphn said:

Super customizable. Fast, stable, some nice original apps, and again, easily changed so it is not iphone like. More themes than any other ROM out there. Many options, firewall, easy screen shots..... I will stop now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yep, i flashed it last night. now i get to spend the day at work customizing the heck outta this thing!! hahaha. from the little time i have had using it i can tell how fast it is. 2100 on the 1st quadrant run. crazy!

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#22 OFFLINE   alphabets

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:22 AM

can or should i restore a titanium backup on this rom? i know not to restore system settings....but can i restore the TBU just for the apps? thanks.

#23 OFFLINE   goodwidp

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Device:DROID X

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

I'm curious about this ROM and would like to try it out but am a bit wary of the process since it requires to revert back to Froyo. If I'm currently running Darkslide-X (GB based ROM) and I make a Nandroid backup of my current setup then switch to MIUI, how difficult would it be to flash my DSX Nandroid if I didn't like MIUI and wanted to go back? Also, similar to what the previous poster asked, should I backup/restore my apps/app settings with Titanium or just rely on Market (and what about 3rd party apps not installed via Market?) Would I also backup SMS/Contacts to SDcard as a precaution? Anything else I should backup (or other do's/dont's regarding backing up/restoring apps and data)? Any help or advice is sincerely appreciated. Thanks!

#24 OFFLINE   cubsfan187

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts
  • Twitter:@brian_leuze
  • Device:G Nexus

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

goodwidp said:

I'm curious about this ROM and would like to try it out but am a bit wary of the process since it requires to revert back to Froyo. If I'm currently running Darkslide-X (GB based ROM) and I make a Nandroid backup of my current setup then switch to MIUI, how difficult would it be to flash my DSX Nandroid if I didn't like MIUI and wanted to go back? Also, similar to what the previous poster asked, should I backup/restore my apps/app settings with Titanium or just rely on Market (and what about 3rd party apps not installed via Market?) Would I also backup SMS/Contacts to SDcard as a precaution? Anything else I should backup (or other do's/dont's regarding backing up/restoring apps and data)? Any help or advice is sincerely appreciated. Thanks!

You can't flash between MIUI and DSX. One is FroYo based and the other is GB. Different kernels. You would have to flash the two-part zip from P3 to get back onto GB then restore your backup to get back on DSX. You can back up all your apk's but I wouldn't back up the data with them. Just a conflict of systems might cause problems down the road. If you do decide to flash MIUI, make sure you wipe data (factory reset) and dalvik cache. It's really a simple process. I have backups of CM7, Liquid 2.4 and MIUI to switch from daily if I wanted to now.
Phone: Galaxy Nexus
Rom: (RIP) Dark AOSP Patient Zero Hybryd
Kernel: Franco 173

R.I.P MDW! It was fun while it lasted!

#25 OFFLINE   NUNsLAUGHTER92

Droid

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

alphabets said:

can or should i restore a titanium backup on this rom? i know not to restore system settings....but can i restore the TBU just for the apps? thanks.

You can restore apps and data. But like you said, no system apps. And off you're going to restore sms be patient because the messaging app likes to force close for about a half hour after you do that.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

#26 OFFLINE   Bigralphn

Droid

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

I restored my saved apps with no issues, though I have heard there have been a few issues always withTitanium

#27 OFFLINE   Bigralphn

Droid

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

My only real issue is the lack of English fonts for the themes. You often end up with Chinese. Easy to switch them though and I imagine more and more English will come out as it grows in popularity. I have not dared flash a font with liberty toolbox in the room yet. Sort of afraid to try. It also backs up fine with cw but do not be impatient as the data step takes awhile. Built in backup is sweet.

#28 OFFLINE   Bigralphn

Droid

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

Here is a quick screenshot of miui with adw. It works fine. I used Miki and the hidden screen capture feature to take ask of the shots in here.

Attached Files

#29 OFFLINE   #27265

Android Pro

• Guests
  • 572 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Device:HTC Rezound

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

i have a couple questions.

1] do i need dx or d2 bootstrap?
1a] which one?
2] does this rom have the power button feature? (reboot, bootloader, recovery, power off)
3] does the hdmi feature work?

a complete "how to install" guide would be greatly appreciated (for those that are lost or curious about the install procedure)

from what i have gathered....since i am on cm7 already i can just reboot to bootloader and do the usual wipe stuff, mount system and flash? or do i need to install the bootstrapper first and use that app?

#30 OFFLINE   Ch0s3n0n3

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

This ROM is insane!!!! That's it for now lol

#31 OFFLINE   #27265

Android Pro

• Guests
  • 572 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

Ch0s3n0n3 said:

This ROM is insane!!!! That's it for now lol

that should not even count as a post.....

tell me why is it insane? to what comparison? what feature do you like the most? battery life? rom aspect?

do tell, the rest of the MDW is waiting for your INSANE reasoning!?.....

#32 OFFLINE   Ch0s3n0n3

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

cdexsw said:

that should not even count as a post.....

tell me why is it insane? to what comparison? what feature do you like the most? battery life? rom aspect?

do tell, the rest of the MDW is waiting for your INSANE reasoning!?.....

Okay CDEXSW... since you don't respond well to light happiness and humor..... I was on CM7 and I flashed MIUI (right on top), I am thoroughly enjoying it. I find it quite customizable and user friendly. The lack of app drawer was at first problematic but a few simple folders has solved what I found to be a clutter issue. Through heavy usage my battery has been acceptable considering the amount of playing I have been doing with what seems to be a new phone. The ROM to me has made my X not boring anymore and that is wonderful. I have ran Darkslide, Liberty(starting at 1.5), Apex, CM7(builds 15 through 30something) and now MIUI. Great build, and looks great, still learning all the many features and loving every minute of it. With that being said, does that qualify as a post? Cheers *sips tequila and pineapple *

Edited by Ch0s3n0n3, 26 July 2011 - 06:51 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   #27265

Android Pro

• Guests
  • 572 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

correction.....i do respond to light happiness and humor well. its when i see 2 (now 3) posts from a user with those comments that make me think TROLL....and thats all.

glad you are enjoying the rom and its many features. and yes, that one would qualifyas a "post" . enjoy your drink.

Edited by cdexsw, 26 July 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#34 OFFLINE   Ch0s3n0n3

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:02 PM

cdexsw said:

correction.....i do respond to light happiness and humor well. its when i see 2 (now 3) posts from a user with those comments that make me think TROLL....and thats all.

glad you are enjoying the rom and its many features. and yes, this that one qualifies as a "post" . enjoy your drink.

Sorry if it double posted, it doesn't show on my phone. Definitely not a troll and any useful input I could provide I am glad to. I have learned a lot from the various forums. The process to flash the ROM was very easy and well worth it.

#35 OFFLINE   Eleigh

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

Im running non blurred DS 4.2 and wanted to know if all I have to do is a wipe and then flash miui?

freedup running D@rk$/¡d£ 4.2 and sent from †@p@†@/k

#36 OFFLINE   alphabets

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:02 AM

Ch0s3n0n3 said:

Okay CDEXSW... since you don't respond well to light happiness and humor..... I was on CM7 and I flashed MIUI (right on top), I am thoroughly enjoying it. I find it quite customizable and user friendly. The lack of app drawer was at first problematic but a few simple folders has solved what I found to be a clutter issue. Through heavy usage my battery has been acceptable considering the amount of playing I have been doing with what seems to be a new phone. The ROM to me has made my X not boring anymore and that is wonderful. I have ran Darkslide, Liberty(starting at 1.5), Apex, CM7(builds 15 through 30something) and now MIUI. Great build, and looks great, still learning all the many features and loving every minute of it. With that being said, does that qualify as a post? Cheers *sips tequila and pineapple *

try this app....works as an app drawer..just drop it into your dock. im loving it!!

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

#37 OFFLINE   ali1

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Device:x

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:53 AM

Is anyone else having problems with the music player. I can play music that I have downloaded directly to the phone however everything that I had transfered from my computer and has played on every other rom tells me that there is an error playing the files. Thanks for any suggestions

#38 OFFLINE   Bigralphn

Droid

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

cdexsw said:

i have a couple questions.

1] do i need dx or d2 bootstrap?
1a] which one?
2] does this rom have the power button feature? (reboot, bootloader, recovery, power off)
3] does the hdmi feature work?

a complete "how to install" guide would be greatly appreciated (for those that are lost or curious about the install procedure)

from what i have gathered....since i am on cm7 already i can just reboot to bootloader and do the usual wipe stuff, mount system and flash? or do i need to install the bootstrapper first and use that app?

It uses 2nd init like cm7. Power button does not go to cw recovery, and I do not know about HDMI.

#39 OFFLINE   Bigralphn

Droid

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:13 AM

ali1 said:

Is anyone else having problems with the music player. I can play music that I have downloaded directly to the phone however everything that I had transfered from my computer and has played on every other rom tells me that there is an error playing the files. Thanks for any suggestions
Other than the occaisional bizarre album cover, my music player plays everything.

#40 OFFLINE   #27265

Android Pro

• Guests
  • 572 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

Bigralphn said:

It uses 2nd init like cm7. Power button does not go to cw recovery, and I do not know about HDMI.

yeah i knew the hdmi did not work on aosp but since this is miui i figured it was worth the asking.
i heard they are working on the power button feature

thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users