Check us out:

- - - - -

P3 just released the aio installer for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Winkly

Droid

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Device:Droid X CM7 Beta

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

I came from an X to an X2, and it definitely took some getting used too. Release numbers are different and the phones themselves while very similar are also different. One universal truth, Jesus Christ himself could not root an OTA software version. It requires going back one version to gain root, then applying the pre-rooted current version. As someone who hates RSD lite and flashing in general (1KDS, please work your magic on the X2!) I know it's a lot of work. However the TBH application did not fail to deliver. No one on these boards is under any obligation to help anyone else. I'll give you that THH application is a bit short on documentation, but there is enough there to get by.

My phone is running 2.3.3. rooted, so it does indeed work. And this is my third replacement phone, lol so I am getting good at all the flashing.

Wink
"'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#42 OFFLINE   ThatKasper

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Device:Droid X2

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

B0bby said:

If you read the forums you would have realized NOTHING will root OWA. You have to SBF back to 2.2.2 and root with gingerbreak then bootstrap. The TBH app. Is a convenience it stores most of the files for your phone. I am not trying to be an ass. But I believe in what p3droid does for us that is the biggest reason I got the app.for their support. Sorry

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Oh I agree whole-heartedly that the work P3Droid does is well worth the $2.99 cost of the app for the majority, I'm just not personally 100% satisfied with the (false) advertisement from TBH & some of the other users that have had some luck with it that it would magically work on every device. Also not being provided directions or any disclaimer that there wouldn't be any instructions when purchasing the app was a bit disheartening. After fumbling around with the app and referring back to the multiple forums over & over I wasted a lot of time realizing that I wasted a lot of time! I just thought everyone should be fully aware of this issue and not have to go through what I did if they had the same device config as me so I posted the steps I took (which you have repeated again in your reply).

I never once thought you were being an ass & certainly appreciate you taking the time to engage in my issue. I just think over all people aren't taking the time to read the whole detailed situations or even look at the big picture, they are merely replying to what they perceive as some whiny punk crying about it not working and wants someone else to do all the work for them (which I assure you is definitely NOT the case here!). We should all learn not to use these blanket statements that will inevitably lead n00bs like me down the wrong path, especially when they're lead to believe their best option is to spend more money.

As far as assuming I didn't "read the forums" and magically "realizing" that nothing will root my device, you're reaching a bit. You do know the amount of information out there to sift through don't you? Why do you assume I didn't bother to do some research before making my pleas for help here? Also I'm going to assume you meant OTA (Over The Air update) as opposed to OWA (which is Outlook Web Access to me) and obviously missed the fact that I stated many times was not my situation. Just sayin'.

#43 OFFLINE   MotDroidX2

Junior Droid

• VIP
  • 40 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid X2 2.3.3 Rooted

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

ThatKasper said:

Oh I agree whole-heartedly that the work P3Droid does is well worth the $2.99 cost of the app for the majority, I'm just not personally 100% satisfied with the (false) advertisement from TBH & some of the other users that have had some luck with it that it would magically work on every device. Also not being provided directions or any disclaimer that there wouldn't be any instructions when purchasing the app was a bit disheartening. After fumbling around with the app and referring back to the multiple forums over & over I wasted a lot of time realizing that I wasted a lot of time! I just thought everyone should be fully aware of this issue and not have to go through what I did if they had the same device config as me so I posted the steps I took (which you have repeated again in your reply).

I never once thought you were being an ass & certainly appreciate you taking the time to engage in my issue. I just think over all people aren't taking the time to read the whole detailed situations or even look at the big picture, they are merely replying to what they perceive as some whiny punk crying about it not working and wants someone else to do all the work for them (which I assure you is definitely NOT the case here!). We should all learn not to use these blanket statements that will inevitably lead n00bs like me down the wrong path, especially when they're lead to believe their best option is to spend more money.

As far as assuming I didn't "read the forums" and magically "realizing" that nothing will root my device, you're reaching a bit. You do know the amount of information out there to sift through don't you? Why do you assume I didn't bother to do some research before making my pleas for help here? Also I'm going to assume you meant OTA (Over The Air update) as opposed to OWA (which is Outlook Web Access to me)
and obviously missed the fact that I stated many times was not my situation. Just sayin'.

I totally agree with you! If TBH is going to charge for an app, they should at least provide some documentation, prior to purchasing the app.
And I have had no success in reaching them for comment, but they respond when they are paid? as in helping the organization.

No tsure how to get this point across to them. Provide documentation on every app that they develop.
and not let the forum be the testers!

MotDroidX2

#44 OFFLINE   Winkly

Droid

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Device:Droid X CM7 Beta

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

If you look at the banner when you launch the application is says 'loading yummy leaks' that are specific to your phone. I had an X and I got X leaks, now I have an X2 (well had, I traded for a Tbolt) and I got X2 leaks. As for documentation, it's been my experience that the forums here are where that information is. When GB launched P3 put out several versions, they were clearly explained in the forums what each one was. Now if you were looking at the application w/o having read the forum post, I can see it being confusing. Hell that thread is over 1000 replies long. lol
"'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

#45 OFFLINE   B0bby

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Device:DroidX2

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:05 AM

And yes it is OTA not OWA damn spell checker.

#46 OFFLINE   CellZealot

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 414 posts
  • Device:D1,D2 dev, DX dev, D2G dev, D Pro dev, D3, Bionic

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

There is no false advertizing about the TBH app. It is a downloader for leaked files and other output from TBH, that is all.
I is not supposed to do anything besides give you the earliest possible access to those files, all or most of which are posted sometime later on this forum for everyone to have access to.

I am sorry you were confused, but nobody lied to you or sold you something less than it was supposedd to be.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Digital alchemy for Droid and beyond

#47 OFFLINE   Bigmook

Droid

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Device:Droid x

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

I heard that the oat root was available now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#48 OFFLINE   B0bby

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

Bigmook said:

I heard that the oat root was available now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yes OTA Root is now out for all to enjoy....

#49 OFFLINE   hyrule.savior

Droid

• Themer
  • 152 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/hyrulesavior
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

B0bby said:

Yes OTA Root is now out for all to enjoy....
Where do we find it?
APPLE IS NO MATCH FOR THE POWER OF DARTH ANDROID!

#50 OFFLINE   B0bby

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

You can find it here

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

#51 OFFLINE   Tmac

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:x2

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

Will p3 make a 2.34pre root for the update?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users