MyDroidWorld.com

#42 OFFLINE   diverbelow

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

rubadub234 said:

its a hard brick. you're the 3rd one so far doing the same thing. bootloop after flashing new leak, flash back to froyo & then brick

ive contacted mobiletech world, who have success unbricking a bunch of other samsung phones, but they've never done it to a Charge before.

I'm mailing it to them tomorrow and will post results when i hear back from them

At least you had a spare phone to fail back on. Interesting to find out their results. Over at Rootzwiki more Charge users are hard bricked.

#43 OFFLINE   joelbon

Junior Droid

• VIP
  • 12 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

No, the phone has not come back on. Left on the charger all night and still no go. Rebooted computer and no go. Bummer.

Will watch this thread to see if mobiletech world can unbrick the phone. I would rather go that route than through samsung.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

#44 OFFLINE   rsims26

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Device:Droid Charge

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

For those hard bricked coming from froyo then leaked gb then back to froyo resulting in brick: Did you disable lagfix prior to flashing gb leak? Trying to figure out what went wrong. I too bootlooped with gb after data/cache wipe and reflashed gummy 1.9.1 using Odin, but it was successful. I disabled lagfix and rebooted prior to flashing gb. If others did this and still bricked we can eliminate this as a possible reason for bricking.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

#45 OFFLINE   diverbelow

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:00 AM

rsims26 said:

For those hard bricked coming from froyo then leaked gb then back to froyo resulting in brick: Did you disable lagfix prior to flashing gb leak? Trying to figure out what went wrong. I too bootlooped with gb after data/cache wipe and reflashed gummy 1.9.1 using Odin, but it was successful. I disabled lagfix and rebooted prior to flashing gb. If others did this and still bricked we can eliminate this as a possible reason for bricking.

For me, I was on EPH1 prior to installing the EP1Q P3Special. I remember checking EPH1 mount since the quadrant score was 1500, and the file system was still rfs. I wished I stayed on the EP1Q stock but I had to have the debloated special version.

#46 OFFLINE   joelbon

Junior Droid

• VIP
  • 12 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:17 AM

I did not disable lagfix. Maybe that was my problem.

rsims26 said:

#47 OFFLINE   imandroid

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 823 posts
  • Twitter:imandroid11
  • Device:Razr Maxx, Nexus, OG Droid, Galaxy Tab, Palm Pre+, i4s VZW,

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

rubadub234 said:

dp, again

Fixed :beer

#48 OFFLINE   ray0278

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

P3Droid,

I flashed my droid charge using the CI510_VZW_EP1Q_ALL_ONE-LTE-CP_REV3_user_CL397514_P3Special.tar.md5 file that I downloaded from your TBH application. I performed the flash using odin serveral times. Every time I flashed I got stuck in a Samsung boot loop as my phone wouldn't even completely boot.I reflashed back to EP1H without any difficulties. However, can you please tell me what I did wrong that prevented your P3Special EP1Q from flashing correctly on to my device? I would really like to update my phone to the EP1Q version but I am not interested in having the bloated version of the update.

Thanks for your help,

Ray

#49 OFFLINE   ray0278

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

How did you managed to get this to install on your phone. I tried to install and my phone got stuck in a boot loop and I had to flash back to EP1H. I would appreciate any input that you have.

Thanks,

Ray

mhett21 said:

P3 special in Tbh app. Its nice cuz it has some super special scripts added. ;)
My 4g is unreal now. Hit 21 down this morning after usually staying in 10-11.

#50 OFFLINE   yzbrad99

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

Loaded the de-bloated version with ODIN and got stuck in bootloop even wiping data before and after install. Back to ED1 is a success. Maybe ill try with a newer leak later on.:bigcry

#51 OFFLINE   rsims26

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

I had no success last week with the special version so last night I tried the stock version. I ended up in a bootloop again. I wiped prior to flashing and then when stuck in bootloop, went into recovery and tried wiping again. Nothing worked. Flashed to Gummy 1.9 RC based on this new GB release with no problem. I really have no idea why these two are not working.

#52 OFFLINE   spugemaster

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Samsung Charge

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

rsims26 said:

i had no success last week with the special version so last night i tried the stock version. I ended up in a bootloop again. I wiped prior to flashing and then when stuck in bootloop, went into recovery and tried wiping again. Nothing worked. Flashed to gummy 1.9 rc based on this new gb release with no problem. I really have no idea why these two are not working.

same issue here. No issues flashing gummy 1.9 though.

#53 OFFLINE   ray0278

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

Can someone please tell me what we need to do in order to be able to get the P3Special build of EP1Q to install and work correctly?

#54 OFFLINE   HemiDroid03

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Device:Motorola DROID

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

bmplekan said:

Were you coming from GB or Froyo?

I came from stock FROYO

#55 OFFLINE   jarnoldsr

Junior Droid

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCentral Pennsylvania
  • Device:Droid bionic

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:24 PM

not sure why the special version is still around its bricked alot of phones and bootlooped alot of others . I am not an expert by any means bit if p3droid isnt goimg to put up a set of instructions or answer the questions than remove the darn thing at least from the tbh app. It scares me to think how many people KEEP trying and end up bricking there phones. I thought we were all here to encourage newbies not scare them off never to return.

#56 OFFLINE   robrowald

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/robtheitguy
  • Device:Samsung Charge

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:25 PM

I never use the special versions, I just grab the stock and debloat it myself

#57 OFFLINE   diverbelow

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

robrowald said:

I never use the special versions, I just grab the stock and debloat it myself

Yea, I had the bloated version installed on my other DC but was TOO lazy and wanted the special and not I am with a pre-cert phone as I hard bricked my other one. I knew I should have stayed on the bloated version.

#58 OFFLINE   jarnoldsr

Junior Droid

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCentral Pennsylvania
  • Device:Droid bionic

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

If it doesn't work remove it and post a warning about it for those who downloaded it. I know there are warnings but leaving it there. Is not being responsible.

#59 OFFLINE   bkhorn

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Device:Samsung Droid Charge, Moto D1

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

Do you get the feeling that no one is listening?

#60 OFFLINE   diverbelow

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

Yep.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users