#41 OFFLINE   zero7404

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

i thought about it, i want to do this update. but have some questions first:

for installing the official 2.2.1 (340) blur that's available in the tbh app, it says i must manually format and mount system. in clockwork theres format boot, system, data, cache, etc. similar choices for mount.

the description says system, so am i only formatting/mounting the system or all of the above ?

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#42 OFFLINE   hacku

Droid

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

zero7404 said:

i thought about it, i want to do this update. but have some questions first:

for installing the official 2.2.1 (340) blur that's available in the tbh app, it says i must manually format and mount system. in clockwork theres format boot, system, data, cache, etc. similar choices for mount.

the description says system, so am i only formatting/mounting the system or all of the above ?

Read the very first post in this thread. I updated it with the steps you should follow.

#43 OFFLINE   zero7404

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

hacku said:

Read the very first post in this thread. I updated it with the steps you should follow.

you're not following me, the items i mention are those listed for going back to 340. should i format/mount system only or everything ?
i'm on 596 right now

#44 OFFLINE   mr.droidx

Android Pro

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Device:droid x

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

zero7404 said:

you're not following me, the items i mention are those listed for going back to 340. should i format/mount system only or everything ?
i'm on 596 right now

if youre talking about sbf'ing your phone back to froyo youre gonna need rsd lite 4.8 or 4.9, the motorola drivers for droid x and the droid x sbf file. does that answer your question?

you shouldn't have to mount any systems when sbf'ing. it should take care of everything when you start it.

here is a good video link with step by step instructions and links to everything you will need to get it back to .340

Edited by mr.droidx, 16 August 2011 - 08:50 PM.

#45 OFFLINE   zero7404

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

mr.droidx said:

if youre talking about sbf'ing your phone back to froyo youre gonna need red lite 4.8 or 4.9, the motorola drivers for droid x and the droid x sbf file. does that answer your question?

no. i downloaded 340 from tbh. i am following their instructions as it is a single full zip file.

not doing this the rsdlite method.

#46 OFFLINE   mr.droidx

Android Pro

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

zero7404 said:

no. i downloaded 340 from tbh. i am following their instructions as it is a single full zip file.

not doing this the rsdlite method.

oh ok i see which file you downloaded. i have never used this file for sbf'ing but sounds easy. i believe when you are in recovery you need to go into mounts and format system, format data, and format cache and then while in mounts after doing those you need to mount system and then install the zip. don't quote me on that but i think that may be what you need to do

#47 OFFLINE   Kevin108

Android Pro

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Twitter:KevinX108

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

Using ROM Manager to wipe Dalvik must have fixed me up as everything worked as it should when I installed tonight.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Kevin108.com | SBF Tools | SBF back to Froyo | Install Gingerbread 588 | Install Gingerbread 596

#48 OFFLINE   hacku

Droid

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

One thing I've noticed that the .602 update still doesn't fix is the hard button lights staying on when you put the phone on the dock. Sucks!

Everything else seems to be working just fine.

#49 OFFLINE   deadpixel

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:28 PM

Everything went fine. But titanium backup cannot acquire root permissions even though superuser is there. Tried updating superuser, but I have to flash some binary stuff. Tried to then access recovery through clockwork (rom manager) and it does nothing. Tried going through recovery the old school way (holding power and home button) and that does nothing. What the heck is going on? (btw superuser granted permission to itself, but no other apps are getting permission)

#50 OFFLINE   tadpole

Droid

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:15 PM

mr.droidx said:

oh ok i see which file you downloaded. i have never used this file for sbf'ing but sounds easy. i believe when you are in recovery you need to go into mounts and format system, format data, and format cache and then while in mounts after doing those you need to mount system and then install the zip. don't quote me on that but i think that may be what you need to do

That aio 340 doesn't do the trick in spite of the instructions in tbh. Must use official 340 sbf.

#51 OFFLINE   mr.droidx

Android Pro

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

tadpole said:

That aio 340 doesn't do the trick in spite of the instructions in tbh. Must use official 340 sbf.

i didn't think it did. ive never tried it that way but ive heard from a couple of people that is hasn't worked. oh well ill stick to the normal sbf

#52 OFFLINE   torino216

Droid

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@torino216

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

So how can u tell which radio is installed on the phone.

#53 OFFLINE   ninjabeaver

Droid

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Device:HTC Rezound

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:00 AM

torino216 said:

So how can u tell which radio is installed on the phone.

If you go to the settings and phone info it should be near the bottom

#54 OFFLINE   milski65

Droid

• VIP
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:45 AM

deadpixel said:

Everything went fine. But titanium backup cannot acquire root permissions even though superuser is there. Tried updating superuser, but I have to flash some binary stuff. Tried to then access recovery through clockwork (rom manager) and it does nothing. Tried going through recovery the old school way (holding power and home button) and that does nothing. What the heck is going on? (btw superuser granted permission to itself, but no other apps are getting permission)

Did you flash the tbh app or the mirrors they made public?

#55 OFFLINE   shiek2134

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

First post in thread is money! Thanks for the detailed steps, it worked for me perfectly. Also, assuming you made a nandroid backup prior to sbf'ing, I would make sure to create another nandroid backup once .602 is up and running. Then you do an Advanced Restore of your Data only using the 1st backup you made. After an hour or so, I was up and running. Only thing I don't have is the crt-off animation and the blue 10% increment battery icon. Anyone know if can flash those zips that I had from before and it work?

#56 OFFLINE   #27265

Android Pro

• Guests
  • 572 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Device:HTC Rezound

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:15 AM

shiek2134 said:

First post in thread is money! Thanks for the detailed steps, it worked for me perfectly. Also, assuming you made a nandroid backup prior to sbf'ing, I would make sure to create another nandroid backup once .602 is up and running. Then you do an Advanced Restore of your Data only using the 1st backup you made. After an hour or so, I was up and running. Only thing I don't have is the crt-off animation and the blue 10% increment battery icon. Anyone know if can flash those zips that I had from before and it work?

i read somewhere that there was some minor changes and tweaks to the framework.....so make sure you have a backup and that you CAN restore it before you flash any patches.

Sent from my DX rock'n CM7

#57 OFFLINE   shiek2134

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

Yeah, I'm going to wait a few days and see what happens. But I was able to flash a fontpack with no issue.

#58 OFFLINE   zero7404

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

tadpole said:

got'cha ...

i'll do this via rsdlite then. but given that the tbh aio 340 file won't do the job right, how can i be sure the 602 tbh update will ?

#59 OFFLINE   zero7404

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

i just sbf'ed using rsdlite 4.9 & the 340 sbf file ... first attempt failed. second attempt worked, but upon startup on the phone all i have is the notification bar. black screen otherwise ...

edit: booted into recovery & formatted .... running 602 now, thanks to everyone for the support

Edited by zero7404, 17 August 2011 - 08:13 AM.

#60 OFFLINE   nycebo

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid X

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:51 AM

thackoon said:

I'm currently running 596, and I'd like to get on 602. Can I backup my phone (running 596) in Clockwork Recovery and then restore via Clockwork Recovery once I'm on 602? Or will that screw things up? i.e. Do I need to use something like Titanium Backup instead? Thanks.

Yes. When you restore via Clockwork Recovery, select Advanced Restore and then data only. When you restart, it will take a long while. Let it. Patience is a virtue.

Remember, when you do the upgrade, clockwork recovery backup, .340 sbf, format system/data/cache, mount system, .602 zip, restart (tap android, etc), reboot recovery, advanced data restore, very very very long startup, good to go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users