6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jfolk53

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:10 AM

Please understand I am somewhat of a noob so can some one help walk me through this

Back in May I sbf'd and flashed the TBH 2 part odexed blur-version 2.3.340MB810 (everything seemed to update ok) so I have been running this stock.

Yesterday I purchased the 'tbh the application', downloaded it to my PC and flashed the apk to my phone,opened D2 bootstrapper then installed the apk from SD card.The application seemed to flash to my phone ok.

Opened 'the application' and downloaded the 'Full Gingerbread (2.3.3)4.5.602 All in one updater (droidx).

Using Root explorer I Opened the TBH file on my SD card, moved the 602-odexed-AIO zip from parent file to the SD card.

Opened D2 bootstrapper recovery, install zip from SD card, selected 602-odexed-AIO.zip, install
Started extracting, got to; 'updating Bp', it aborted at that point.

I uninstalled everything (application) from my phone, wipe cache, Dalvik and rebooted.

Then I tried to download the Application (straight to phone) using firefox seemed to work, went through the same steps as above and it aborted at the same point!

After doing the above this is what I see in settings, 'about phone'

System version: 4.5.602MB810 (changed from .596)

Baseband: BC_C_01.09.12p (didn't change from .596)

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 (didn't change .596)

Build number: 4.5.1_57_DX5-32

Help! Please!!

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   hookbill

Android Pro

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Twitter:@hookbill
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

I'm going to try and help you out but please understand that I am basically relaying what I'm reading. First, there is no reason to use root explorer. The TBH app will download files and then flash in CWR. This should all happen seamlessly from the app (provided you are rooted of course)

What I would do if you haven't already is flash back to what you had before in recovery, then try using the TBH app right on the phone.

Just an FYI, P3 Droid has also made this available: http://www.mydroidwo...eady-stock.html That will give you the latest version of Gingerbread rooted but you will have to sbf to use that.

Hope that helps.
A Bill can be expensive. Or great if you have lots of them $$$$$$ But it's not my name......Just call me hook. :)

Please be respectful. Respect to each other should be #1.

PLEASE REVIEW FORUM GUIDELINES

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   jfolk53

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:11 AM

Ok, thanks! I tried again and recieved this Error:

assert failed: Motorola.update_cdma_bp("tm/rdl.bin,""/tmp/bp.img") E: Error in/sdcard/602-odexed-AIO.zip

#4 OFFLINE   hookbill

Android Pro

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Twitter:@hookbill
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

jfolk53 said:

Ok, thanks! I tried again and recieved this Error:

assert failed: Motorola.update_cdma_bp("tm/rdl.bin,""/tmp/bp.img") E: Error in/sdcard/602-odexed-AIO.zip

So you were successful in your restore, then you tried to use the app and got that message? Did you clean out what you had put on the SD card from the app? That would still be on there. Sorry I didn't think about that and that might have caused an issue.

I'll try to get one of the TBH guys to help you, I'm not an expert on it. Just let me know if the restore went OK.
A Bill can be expensive. Or great if you have lots of them $$$$$$ But it's not my name......Just call me hook. :)

Please be respectful. Respect to each other should be #1.

PLEASE REVIEW FORUM GUIDELINES

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   toberino

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid 2

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Bump....it seems that there are a lot of unanswered questions on this site. This is the excact issue I have. I am on a droid 2. anyone around here anymore????????

#6 OFFLINE   DroidJunk

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 587 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Texas
  • Twitter:@DroidJunk
  • Device:GNex

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

View Posttoberino, on 07 February 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

Bump....it seems that there are a lot of unanswered questions on this site. This is the excact issue I have. I am on a droid 2. anyone around here anymore????????

What are you looking for? Maybe I can help.

D r o i d J u n k

If your in the mood... DONATE A BIT HERE.

It makes me feel better.

#7 OFFLINE   toberino

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid 2

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

I have a droid 2. I bought the tbh app on Sunday. I tried to flash the gingerbread Rom but got the cdma error described above. I am rooted, I have bootstrap and I can reboot to recovery. In the tbh app it says to follow the instructions on this site. I have been searching for two days for some type of instructions but have found nothing. Does it exist? If not, I will need some help problem solving this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users