Check us out:

- - - - -

Rooted Froyo and I want the GB ota update...Just a few questions.

7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   evilteam00

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Device:Droid 2

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

Im running Froyo rooted and the GB update fails, Im assuming its cuz of root (simply unrooting didnt work) and clockwork recovery. I have the TBH app with the 2.3.20 sbf update.zip already downloaded and ready to install, I just want to make sure I do it properly and not brick another Droid 2. In the TBH app it says to wipe data after applying, but Ive been reading on forums to not do anything but a restart after applying the sbf update.zip or it could brick the phone...can anyone clear this up for me?

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   SlimMan

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Device:X2 - Liberated

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:03 AM

Wrong SBF, you need to get the FULL. If you still have the bootstrap loader, Mod Pgm., and or the z4root pgm. you might want to uninstall them fisrt as to make sure things go back to stock as much as possible. Then RSD the FULL SBF, then it wouldn't hurt to do a factory restore after.

#3 OFFLINE   evilteam00

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

SlimMan said:

Wrong SBF, you need to get the FULL. If you still have the bootstrap loader, Mod Pgm., and or the z4root pgm. you might want to uninstall them fisrt as to make sure things go back to stock as much as possible. Then RSD the FULL SBF, then it wouldn't hurt to do a factory restore after.

U were right....thats exactly what i had to do. Thanks man, now running official GB!!!

#4 OFFLINE   SlimMan

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

evilteam00 said:

U were right....thats exactly what i had to do. Thanks man, now running official GB!!!

Good, you are more then welcome.
When you get what droid does, there is not limit to what you get!

#5 OFFLINE   Dasnyde4

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

SlimMan said:

Good, you are more then welcome.

Hi I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me. I have my Droid 2 rooted and try to install the update from Verizon and it says update fail. I'm running 2.2 Froyo. What steps do I need to get gingerbread to work? I'm assuming I need to wipe and then it should install. Sorry I'm a noob and the other forums sound like Rocket Science to me!
Thanks in advance!

#6 OFFLINE   SlimMan

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:37 AM

Dasnyde4 said:

Hi I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me. I have my Droid 2 rooted and try to install the update from Verizon and it says update fail. I'm running 2.2 Froyo. What steps do I need to get gingerbread to work? I'm assuming I need to wipe and then it should install. Sorry I'm a noob and the other forums sound like Rocket Science to me!
Thanks in advance!

Are you familiar with Flashing and or using RSD / SBF? Don't mind trying to help, just need to know how much you know. :)

Mean time you can Check HERE You will want to look at the UPDATE section of this post.. I will check back with you later, let me know what you can do / understand or don't and we will try and help you.

Edited by SlimMan, 07 September 2011 - 08:50 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   Dasnyde4

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:31 AM

SlimMan said:

Are you familiar with Flashing and or using RSD / SBF? Don't mind trying to help, just need to know how much you know. :)

Mean time you can CheckYou will want to look at the UPDATE section of this post.. I will check back with you later, let me know what you can do / understand or don't and we will try and help you.
I have flashed it before, but just the quick install. I've never unrooted it before. I saw in one of the other treads that people were having some trouble de-rooting, and trying to download the update.

#8 OFFLINE   SlimMan

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

Ok, well when you do a factory flash of the SBF then you generally de-root the phone, however I notice some issues with that as well. What I done was SBF back to factory like twice, formatted data/cache, wiped dalvik after the second flash. Then after I got into the phone I done a factory restore (settings>privacy>factory data reset), I also done this twice. After which I downloaded the ota update (with wifi btw for faster rate) and it done fine.

NOTE - Be sure you use the Full SBF to go back to factory.

Also if u are familar with creating and using boot cd's you can get a bootable cd that will flash your phone for you, here is the

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

. You would use the one named "1KDStaz0.8.iso" on that page.

Any more questions let us know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users