←  Droid Forum

MyDroidWorld

»

Need a technical person help on this one

wrightperspective's Photo wrightperspective 13 Sep 2011

My son's screen on his Droid was cracked so I ordered a new one and replaced it today. Somehow during the fix the volume up no longer works. When I took it back apart and looked behind the volume rocker, this is what I saw. I noticed that the down direction has the golden flexible thing behind it but the up direction does not. If I can just get that part and put it on there then the volume rocker will work.

Looking at the picture, does anyone know what that golden flexible button like thing is that is on the right but not the left is called? Are they universal or do I need to contact Motorola? How do they have to be applied or installed (sticky on the back, solder, etc) ?

Attached Files

wrightperspective's Photo wrightperspective 13 Sep 2011

BBCrackman said:

Thanks bro...you rock.

wrightperspective's Photo wrightperspective 14 Sep 2011

How does this install? Does it need to be soldered? Is there something sticky on the back? etc?

ultrasurf's Photo ultrasurf 02 Nov 2011

Does anybody know how to install it? I purchased the part and peeled off the plastic that's protecting it and taped it onto the location quite securely. When I press the button, the contact pad does depress, but it seems that it's not depressing enough to initiate a response from the phone. I'm fairly certain my problem is the contact pad though, because when I stuck back on the pad that came with the phone, it worked.

Any solutions?

hookbill's Photo hookbill 02 Nov 2011

If you don't get a response on this try going to the Motorola Forums. They seem to have knowledgeable people monitoring their Forum. I was having an issue getting my Mac to communcate with ZumoCast and a support person directly responded to my post.

Worth trying if no one answers.

DroidHckr's Photo DroidHckr 02 Nov 2011

ultrasurf said:

Does anybody know how to install it? I purchased the part and peeled off the plastic that's protecting it and taped it onto the location quite securely. When I press the button, the contact pad does depress, but it seems that it's not depressing enough to initiate a response from the phone. I'm fairly certain my problem is the contact pad though, because when I stuck back on the pad that came with the phone, it worked.

Any solutions?

It sounds like either the contact pad is either not thick enough or possibly missing something. When I can get to a PC I will have a look.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ultrasurf's Photo ultrasurf 02 Nov 2011

Also, it seems that the purchased contact pad is larger than the ones that come with the Droid...

Rami unlocks all's Photo Rami unlocks all 28 Feb 2012

i need help with hard reset to factory default settings A854 model #, this is an android phone not droid please dont mix the model and the software , 2 different versions android /droids ,

#27265's Photo #27265 29 Feb 2012

View PostRami unlocks all, on 28 February 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

i need help with hard reset to factory default settings A854 model #, this is an android phone not droid please dont mix the model and the software , 2 different versions android /droids ,

http://www.hardreset...t_reset_en.html

google search is your friend :)

hope this helps.

Ja56cob's Photo Ja56cob 27 Feb 2013

google search is your friendPosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Amfanda's Photo Amfanda 07 Mar 2013

google search is your friend :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Em67ily's Photo Em67ily 07 Mar 2013

this is an android phone not droid please dont mix the model and the software , 2 different versions android /droids ,Posted Image

Na56than's Photo Na56than 08 Mar 2013

google search is your friend :)Posted Image

Regifnald's Photo Regifnald 09 Mar 2013

google search is your friendPosted Image

Rasyhida's Photo Rasyhida 24 Mar 2013

this is an android phone not droid please dont mix the model and the software , 2 different versions android /droids ,Posted Image

Vict67oria's Photo Vict67oria 26 Mar 2013

this is an android phone not droid please dont mix the model and the softwarePosted Image

Jefgrry's Photo Jefgrry 07 Jul 2013

this is an android phone not droid please dont mix the model and the softwarePosted Image

Racfhhel's Photo Racfhhel 24 Jul 2013

Jefffhrey's Photo Jefffhrey 27 Jul 2013