[ROM]- Vortex Beta

133 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   AngelRyu

Droid

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

Only bug I found is when u power off it reboots. Other than that this rom is so freaking stable perfect!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#122 OFFLINE   tillithz

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

yep, found that too. but it appears to be something else as I have used DarkslideX, this one, and Miui (.596 and .602) and all produce the same issue of random boot. its enough to make me go back to stock

Edited by tillithz, 11 November 2011 - 04:35 PM.
changed word reboot to boot..

#123 OFFLINE   AngelRyu

Droid

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:13 AM

tillithz said:

yep, found that too. but it appears to be something else as I have used DarkslideX, this one, and Miui (.596 and .602) and all produce the same issue of random reboots. its enough to make me go back to stock

I didn't say it randomly reboots. Mine never does that. I said when I choose the power off option it reboots and doesn't shut down. Meaning it starts up again .

Edited by AngelRyu, 11 November 2011 - 04:59 PM.

#124 OFFLINE   tillithz

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

sorry, didnt mean reboot, meant powers on without prompt, so yes it is what you are saying too, as you can look at previous posts I have made explaining the problem prior to this thread a few months ago. I will edit the post for you so that reboot is changed to boot (silly)

#125 OFFLINE   dabigoreo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:00 AM

The issue with the X powering itself back on is a well known Gingerbread bug....period. I have tried multiple ROMs that are GB-based as well as bone stock GB and they ALL had that same issue. When my X was on Froyo, never had the problem. I would power down for the night and it would stay off until I powered up again in the morning. GB stock, GB TBH rooted, DSX, and now VorteX all show this bug. It would be nice if someone could track this damn bug down and fix this issue once and for all...Hell, I'd donate to that fix in a heartbeat!

#126 OFFLINE   deVorteX

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:55 AM

dabigoreo said:

The issue with the X powering itself back on is a well known Gingerbread bug....period. I have tried multiple ROMs that are GB-based as well as bone stock GB and they ALL had that same issue. When my X was on Froyo, never had the problem. I would power down for the night and it would stay off until I powered up again in the morning. GB stock, GB TBH rooted, DSX, and now VorteX all show this bug. It would be nice if someone could track this damn bug down and fix this issue once and for all...Hell, I'd donate to that fix in a heartbeat!

I thought it only did this while plugged in, is that correct?

#127 OFFLINE   AngelRyu

Droid

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

deVorteX said:

No, because I was.powering off mine w/o it in. I think I jinxed myself about never rebooting on its own cuz it did it like 3x. I think it starts doing this because I have like 200 apps on the phone and it can't handle it at times I guess... Idk.

Oh btw I flashed this rom for a friend and did it exactly like I did mine but hes had tons of problems.

It wouldn't install any apps(it rebooted when trying)
The superuser wouldn't shutup asking for access.(it didn't know I told it to remember)
I wiped everything and it worked though so far. I just did it last night.

Edited by AngelRyu, 13 November 2011 - 09:14 AM.

#128 OFFLINE   dabigoreo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

deVorteX said:

Nope. The phantom power-on issue happens regardless of whether you are plugged in or not. Also, it doesn't seem to matter if you have a crapload of apps or just bone stock apps (apps incorporated into the ROM), and it doesn't matter if it is a custom ROM or OTA. There are mega-threads about this issue on VZW X forum, Moto forum, MDW, XDA, name-your-droid-site-here forums. This bug has been around since the GB launch for the X back in May (.596) and has never been fixed...period. VZW has had to eat many phone exchanges or upgrade/sidegrades because of this issue, Moto has no clue how to fix it.

#129 OFFLINE   Zoandroid

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

Hi folks,

I am reading about the Vortex ROM and it mentions the calendar, which makes me wonder if you have written 'your own' calendar and are using that instead of the stock one that comes on the DX? What I really would like to know is if you did create a calendar app, does it handle the notification alarms by itself, or does it rely on the notification system in Gingerbread, which Motorola apparently broke when they released Gingerbread?

I'm looking at this ROM as a possible way to fix my problem of daily repeating alarms not sounding since I took the GB OTA. Would this fix that problem?

#130 OFFLINE   OldBaldy

Droid

• VIP
  • 280 posts
  • Twitter:@OldBaldy62

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

Zoandroid said:

Hi folks,

I am reading about the Vortex ROM and it mentions the calendar, which makes me wonder if you have written 'your own' calendar and are using that instead of the stock one that comes on the DX? What I really would like to know is if you did create a calendar app, does it handle the notification alarms by itself, or does it rely on the notification system in Gingerbread, which Motorola apparently broke when they released Gingerbread?

I'm looking at this ROM as a possible way to fix my problem of daily repeating alarms not sounding since I took the GB OTA. Would this fix that problem?

The calender app is the ASOP source built app. I can't speak to the notifications, as I don't use them for daily reminders.

Sent from my DROIDX w/Vortex RC1

#131 OFFLINE   dbx64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Droid X2

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

Is this ROM compatible with the droid X 2.3.3 - the 605 build

-Thanks

#132 OFFLINE   D_LaY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Liberated DX

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

View Postdbx64, on 26 January 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

-Thanks

I'm with you here, no answer but I'm with you. I'm running Liberty 3 V2.0 and the battery life is not that great in comparison to stock, so I've read every post on Apex that I can find. Can I just wipe data/cache/delvic and flash this or do I need to sbf to stock OTA .605 and then root and clear/flash or do I need to go back farther to .602? This ROM, on every forum, gets the highest marks and people just flat out love it, so major props to the DEV on this, and I can't wait to figure the process out so I can join the APEX revolution! LOL, all aside, whats up here, are we safe to proceed or is there an APEX 3.0 on its way that will answer our questions? And yes, I'm a bit of a noob and the Liberty ROM was my first attempt at a ROM flash, but I'm already bitten by the ROMbug . . .I . . .MUST . . .FIND . . . MY . . . PERFECT . . . .RRRROOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! And this could be that ROM!!!! LOL, TY for any help!

#133 OFFLINE   #27265

Android Pro

• Guests
  • 572 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Device:HTC Rezound

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

View Postdbx64, on 26 January 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

-Thanks
this is a GB rom. It is based on the Vzw signed GB OTA. If you are on 602/605 you can flash this rom, no sbf required

If you are on a froyo rom you need to sbf to 602 first.

If coming from MIUI or other 2init rims it is advisable to sbf to 602 and start fresh before flashing this rom.

Fyi, 596, 602, 605 all use and have the same GB kernel.

Edited by cdexsw, 27 January 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#134 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

It's a great ROM but this is older thread, be sure you get the release candidate, RC1:

http://www.mydroidwo...-rom-vortex-rc/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users