- - - - -

What shoudl I buy! First time Andriod buyer.

6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cm123

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Device:Looking to buy!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

Hey everyone,

I am totally new to this smartphone thing! To be honest, it is overwhelming me and consuming my life lol! I wanted to buy a Droid X, but I found out that I can't because it is a CDMA phone.

For me, the one biggest features is having a good camera w/HD video, but it isn't a deal breaker. I have been looking at the Motorola Milestone XT 720, because it is very similar to the Droid X except for the processor.

The other phones I have been looking at are the Quench (unlocked) and the Bravo MB520.

Which of the three: Bravo, Quench, Milestone, will be the best overall? I only want to spend $200, and I found a new Milestone 720 for $215, which I am pretty much sold on, but the other two are under $150 new, so that is making things difficult.

Are there any other phones that I should be looking at or missing? There are just so many out there that I can't figure out where to start!

Edited by cm123, 25 September 2011 - 09:41 AM.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 676 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:17 AM

what service are you going to use it on?

#3 OFFLINE   cm123

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

T-Mobile, should have mentioned that earlier.

#4 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 676 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

If your using tmobile i wouldnt pick any of those phones. I would pick the mytouch 4g or something along that line

#5 OFFLINE   cm123

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

Why exactly would you not choose any of them?

#6 OFFLINE   BBCrackman

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 2,983 posts
  • Twitter:@bbcrackman
  • Device:Too many...

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

Or wait for the HTC Amaze 4G it will be replacing the MyTouch 4G soon. It is pictured on the front page. Or TMO's version of the Galaxy S II. But it all boils down to what you like. Get what you want and if it will do what you want it too then that is all you need.

Help support MDW and become a Supporting Member

#7 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 676 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

i second what bbcrackman said, but to give you more details on why i said i wouldnt pick any of the phones you mentioned because i consider them lower end phones now and they dont get as much of attention from devs and t-mobile offers a lot better phones now like the ones bbcrackman mentioned, the reason i didnt mention those was because i was trying to stay in your price range with out signing a contract because i dont know if you wanted to sign a contract.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users