who's thinking about bailing ship?

48 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   chefb

Android Pro

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • Device:verizon

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

Hell no.....I got a replacement cuz it was acting up .....and I left the protector off and ....well the screen looks better alot better! Sexy and smooth
Wow!!!!. pixel what? This guy at my job is trying not to buy a DROID phone and he brought windows phone and he is bored al ready!......mean while im still updating flashing themes on my old X that's not even activated....lol im selling one for 100$. God blessed motor and their android /google biddiez

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#22 OFFLINE   KOBALT

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Device:BIONIK

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

hookbill said:

Simple answer: If it doesn't say Motorola, it ain't a Droid.

That's how I feel about it anyway.

Agreed. Im accustomed to how Motorolas work and love them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIK

#23 OFFLINE   chefb

Android Pro

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Lol in deed.

#24 OFFLINE   Aixelsyd

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 984 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

dirtydroidx said:

I love moto and my bionic, will I get a prime, most likely then sell it after im done with it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I love Moto as well and have for many many yrs but I'm looking to do the ars opposite I think as this is the first Moto I'll admit I'm not happy with but for free I can't complain I guess. IMHO the Bionic is a glorified X with nothing major to show besides more mem & better chip. I hate Blur entirely so no point in commenting there. The plastic back is hogwash and not Moto fashion. They need to seriously do something with a screen upgrade as well, altho I think I've been spoiled with my Charge screen but I just CAN NOT get use to how bad this thing looks compared to my Charge. And with there crappy SW on release that gives such piss poor battery life put the nail in the coffin I'd say.

So if the Prime or whatever they call it hits and it has ICS, no bloat, and unlocked possibly I think I'm buying it full retail, keep my Charge and then unload this Bionic I've got collecting dust right now. Then sit it out and see what Moto does on the next go around.

#25 OFFLINE   chefb

Android Pro

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

Wow....I've heard those complaints. But to average people it's cool. To us the more advanced user it noticeable. That said its still a B+. I'll be goodjust as long bionic.....gets...ICS!

#26 OFFLINE   dirtydroidx

Android Master

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/dirtydroidx
  • Device:Bionic,facinate,galaxy tab ,thunderbolt

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

Aixelsyd said:

I love Moto as well and have for many many yrs but I'm looking to do the ars opposite I think as this is the first Moto I'll admit I'm not happy with but for free I can't complain I guess. IMHO the Bionic is a glorified X with nothing major to show besides more mem & better chip. I hate Blur entirely so no point in commenting there. The plastic back is hogwash and not Moto fashion. They need to seriously do something with a screen upgrade as well, altho I think I've been spoiled with my Charge screen but I just CAN NOT get use to how bad this thing looks compared to my Charge. And with there crappy SW on release that gives such piss poor battery life put the nail in the coffin I'd say.

So if the Prime or whatever they call it hits and it has ICS, no bloat, and unlocked possibly I think I'm buying it full retail, keep my Charge and then unload this Bionic I've got collecting dust right now. Then sit it out and see what Moto does on the next go around.

Well having owned a few phones myself I do have to say that Samsung does make the best screens. "Example " my gtab next too a XOOM playing the same video, my tab has way better quality. Deff agree with making a change there. Now batt life is great for me and o don't think I have to explain my usage. So what it all boils down too is what us, as the consumers, like. I must admit I am a fanboy of moto but if the prime lives up too its expectations then I would get rid of my bionic. The reason for that is I do like freedom of using diffrent radios, kernels so on and so forth.
With the latest leak and the root patch for a bug fix leak just makes me angry so the prime is looking more attractive. As I said before it all comes down to what you like. So everyone can say thus and that about moto, sammy, htc, apple, its what you like and makes you happy.

Good too see you Aix ;) if you got that bionic collecting dust do you want to part with it :)
Become a supporting member at mydroidworld
If I helped you hit the Thanks Button.
Follow me on Twitter @dirtydroidx

#27 OFFLINE   Aixelsyd

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 984 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

dirtydroidx said:

Well having owned a few phones myself I do have to say that Samsung does make the best screens. "Example " my gtab next too a XOOM playing the same video, my tab has way better quality. Deff agree with making a change there. Now batt life is great for me and o don't think I have to explain my usage. So what it all boils down too is what us, as the consumers, like. I must admit I am a fanboy of moto but if the prime lives up too its expectations then I would get rid of my bionic. The reason for that is I do like freedom of using diffrent radios, kernels so on and so forth.
With the latest leak and the root patch for a bug fix leak just makes me angry so the prime is looking more attractive. As I said before it all comes down to what you like. So everyone can say thus and that about moto, sammy, htc, apple, its what you like and makes you happy.

Good too see you Aix ;) if you got that bionic collecting dust do you want to part with it :)

I'll admit the same myself being a moto fanboy over the yrs. But in the past 12 months they have pushed me away from that idea for now. Between the locked bootloaders, poor SW on almost every device released recently and the few other things we commented on ( ie battery life, screen..etc) I'm just loosing faith in them. And I'm still on boycott really do to the locked bootloader. The only reason I have this Bionic is from a trade I made, there is not a chance I would have spent my own personal $$$ on one. My biggest complaint beside the crappy screen is the SW and battery life. I refuse to have to use an extended battery to make it threw the day, and even then it is pushing it if I don't force the device t o3G. And with that said what is the point of me owning 4G device if I have to leave it on 3G just to make it threw the day when my Charge can easily make it 24+hrs with a stock battery on LTE even while at work that doens't have service and switches to 3G. Just sad and frustrating to me more then anything I guess as i've always had so much faith in there stuff, but not on this device.

As for parting with it not currently even tho it collects dust most of the time. I sold every other dev device I had so I'm kinda holding it until I get another backup down the road in short order I hope. I just can't live with only one device.....lol.. Plus I made the decision awhile back it is strictly LTE device from here on out which is why I dumped all the dev 3G devices I had. So until I get another device ( ie Prime or whatever) gonna hold it and then let it go after I have a backup.

#28 Guest_Jolly_*

• Guests

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:36 PM

Aixelsyd said:

I'll admit the same myself being a moto fanboy over the yrs. But in the past 12 months they have pushed me away from that idea for now. Between the locked bootloaders, poor SW on almost every device released recently and the few other things we commented on ( ie battery life, screen..etc) I'm just loosing faith in them. And I'm still on boycott really do to the locked bootloader. The only reason I have this Bionic is from a trade I made, there is not a chance I would have spent my own personal $$$ on one. My biggest complaint beside the crappy screen is the SW and battery life. I refuse to have to use an extended battery to make it threw the day, and even then it is pushing it if I don't force the device t o3G. And with that said what is the point of me owning 4G device if I have to leave it on 3G just to make it threw the day when my Charge can easily make it 24+hrs with a stock battery on LTE even while at work that doens't have service and switches to 3G. Just sad and frustrating to me more then anything I guess as i've always had so much faith in there stuff, but not on this device.

As for parting with it not currently even tho it collects dust most of the time. I sold every other dev device I had so I'm kinda holding it until I get another backup down the road in short order I hope. I just can't live with only one device.....lol.. Plus I made the decision awhile back it is strictly LTE device from here on out which is why I dumped all the dev 3G devices I had. So until I get another device ( ie Prime or whatever) gonna hold it and then let it go after I have a backup.

I don't have a Bionic and won't be getting one. After Prime was announced I lost partial interest. After talking with Aix after he got his I was convinced not to get one. Like Aix I have been Die Hard Moto for a long time but I have to agree the past 12 months have made me look towards other Manufacturers. I'm not an HTC fan but Samsung screens are something to Drool over so I'll be leaving Moto until they get their act together once the Prime is released.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

#29 OFFLINE   chefb

Android Pro

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

Yeah I would bail but it might be hard to sell this phone.....so hopefully they will give bionic ICS . If they do I should be ok with my bionic.

#30 OFFLINE   Aixelsyd

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 984 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

chefb said:

Yeah I would bail but it might be hard to sell this phone.....so hopefully they will give bionic ICS . If they do I should be ok with my bionic.

Oh I'm sure the Bionic will get ICS sooner or later. It would juts be a matter of when is all. As for selling a Bionic I don't think it will be that hard depending on how much you are asking for it and how long you hold on to it before trying to sell it after some of these new devices hit.

#31 OFFLINE   nate8u

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Bionic

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

The Prime looks very nice but im loving my Bionic.

#32 OFFLINE   skranendonk

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Device:Moto Droid

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

Aixelsyd said:

Oh I'm sure the Bionic will get ICS sooner or later. It would juts be a matter of when is all. As for selling a Bionic I don't think it will be that hard depending on how much you are asking for it and how long you hold on to it before trying to sell it after some of these new devices hit.

But will it be ics w/o stupid blur...I would love stock android on this puppy

#33 OFFLINE   chefb

Android Pro

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Indeed ...

#34 OFFLINE   ergon

Droid

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:08 PM

After last night's unveiling, demo, of the Google Nexus, and this,

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

. When's the next flight out of here? Nine months wasn't long enough? Waited this long for junk . I need to kick my own ass.

#35 OFFLINE   chefb

Android Pro

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:09 PM

Junk..ouch!!!!...one month nexus is out.....thanksgiving comes and pass through holiday season......boom source code out by new year...give or take...ICS ROM forBionic by super bowl. That's my uneducated guess!

Im not all gooey for a phone that's shaped like a pantyliner. ICS is the where its at! IMO.

#36 OFFLINE   asimons81

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Device:myTouch 4G

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

ergon said:

After last night's unveiling, demo, of the Google Nexus, and this,

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

. When's the next flight out of here? Nine months wasn't long enough? Waited this long for junk . I need to kick my own ass.

Just as a side note:

I just received a "not so nice" email from a VZW rep who rudely denied that claim we posted about the Bionic getting pulled from shelves. I'm totally glad to hear it's false, but rather agitated at the manner in which this rep basically scolded me for reporting on a rumor....
http://OMGDroid.com
Your #1 Source for Android News, App Reviews, & Much More!

#37 OFFLINE   chefb

Android Pro

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

Indeed.....

#38 OFFLINE   Aixelsyd

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 984 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:24 AM

asimons81 said:

Just as a side note:

I just received a "not so nice" email from a VZW rep who rudely denied that claim we posted about the Bionic getting pulled from shelves. I'm totally glad to hear it's false, but rather agitated at the manner in which this rep basically scolded me for reporting on a rumor....

What you should have done is asked to speak to the supervisor to make a complaint about there attitude and tone. Specially do to the fact the rumor or whatever you want to call it is posted online with VZW letter head. So it is not like it is not a VZW document that IS in fact going around. 99% of the time the reps on the CS line are clueless anyways so they have no right to treat you like that when they DON'T know all the fatcs to start with.

#39 OFFLINE   hookbill

Android Pro

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Twitter:@hookbill

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

KOBALT said:

I'm Motorola for life.

Sent from my DROID BIONIK

If it doesn't say Motorola, it ain't a Droid. If I already said that in this thread, report me. :D
A Bill can be expensive. Or great if you have lots of them $$$$$$ But it's not my name......Just call me hook. :)

Please be respectful. Respect to each other should be #1.

PLEASE REVIEW FORUM GUIDELINES

Posted Image

#40 OFFLINE   LifeBeginsFriday

Droid

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/emericanx

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

hookbill said:

If it doesn't say Motorola, it ain't a Droid. If I already said that in this thread, report me. :D

2nd this opinion!

Android. Not only an OS! Its an obsession!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users