12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   strubedo1981

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Device:Droid 2 Global

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

I have a droid 2 Global and when I try to install the Gingerbread patch I get STATUS ERROR 7 no matter what i do can someone shed some light on this situation I'm doing everything by the book. I have the Instructions right in front of me and still nothing can anyone give me any pointers?

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   BBCrackman

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 2,983 posts
  • Twitter:@bbcrackman
  • Device:Too many...

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

Try downloading the patch from another source. Could possibly be a corrupt file.

Help support MDW and become a Supporting Member

#3 OFFLINE   strubedo1981

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

I tried that and it didnt work i have downloaded it like 5 times I'm running version 2.2 and trying to update to 2.3 verizon had been distributing 2.3 but for some reason there not anymore i don't know if they pulled it from there site I'm not sure. but I don't know why I'm getting the status 7 error if anyone knows how to fix it please contact me.

#4 OFFLINE   strubedo1981

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

This is the error from the log when I try to install the Blurr version of Gingerbread any ideas how to fix this?
T E A M
B L A C K
H A T

Droid 2 Global 2.3.3 (4.5.1_57_D2G-36)
from Team Black Hat
Donate and Support the Team

Installing Part I of II

Verifying current system...
file "/system/bin/loadpreinstalls.sh" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to stat "/data/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/loadpreinstalls.sh", "f9f0f4e3bc1532dee8c4aafbb3c73c564e8a7358", "b0abaa16e99c3976211e475d2e429c91c1869c79")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/loadpreinstalls.sh", "f9f0f4e3bc1532dee8c4aafbb3c73c564e8a7358", "b0abaa16e99c3976211e475d2e429c91c1869c79")
E:Error in /sdcard/romtoolbox/downloads/OTA/Blur_Version.2.4.330.A956.Verizon.en.US_PT1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 7:
install_zip SDCARD:/romtoolbox/downloads/OTA/Blur_Version.2.4.330.A956.Verizon.en.US_PT1.zip

#5 OFFLINE   BBCrackman

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

Your phone needs to be stock rooted before applying these patches. In other words you need to have all bloat installed.

#6 OFFLINE   strubedo1981

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

My phone is rooted can you explain what all bloat is? Could you send me some intructions?

#7 OFFLINE   BBCrackman

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

Blockbuster, Amazon, Vcast, kindle, books apk's...etc. It is the apps that some remove that take up space on the device. If your device is completely stock rooted, then this could be another issue we can help you with but your device cannot have any applications removed that came with the device.

#8 OFFLINE   strubedo1981

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Ok so tell me what I need to do please see what happend is I had to use an SBF cause I messed up the phone and I used to have Gingerbread aka 2.3 I used RSDlite to recover the phone and after that the verizon 2.3 was not available. When i tried to do an update it says that there are no updates. Do you know if Verizon pulled gingerbread I heard that rumor but wasnt true? If you can help me out with my phone and tell me what i need to do I would forever be indebted to you. You have already helped me so much.So Tell me if you would what i need to do please.

#9 OFFLINE   strubedo1981

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

Also do you know how i cant change my boot logo back to not my boot animation but boot logo i changed it and i didnt back it up when my phone started up it used to be a red and white motorola logo and I can't figure out how to get my original back I don't even know if it can be done but you seem very knowledgeable about what your doing. If you know how to do it let me know but also is there a program that will remove the bloatware for me? You just tell me what to do your the teacher I'm the student. Whatever you can do to help I'm all ears.

#10 OFFLINE   BBCrackman

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

First off we dont want to remove bloat until after youre done with the update. If you have removed the bloat you need to put it back. Yes you can change your bootlogo image but that is a task for later. As far as the update if you are rooted then it doesnt matter if they pulled it or not you couldnt load it.

What version is currently installed on your D2G?

#11 OFFLINE   strubedo1981

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

I have version 2.2 on my D2G if thats what you need.

#12 OFFLINE   Jeraldsciontc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Device:Droin2 global

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

i need help i used sq lite and i whipped everything on my phone now all my phone will do is show bootloader what do i do and i look for the sbf files but i cant find them anywhere do u guys have them help please

#13 ONLINE   sd_shadow

MDW Noob

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Device:Droid 2G gb 2.3.3 rooted

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

ezSBF

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

or try

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

unless you updated to 4.5.629
Current Rom: CM9 on my Droid X2 (MB870)

Collection of Links: FAQs, SBFs, ROMs, etc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users