#1 OFFLINE   BBCrackman

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 2,983 posts
  • Twitter:@bbcrackman
  • Device:Too many...

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

Posted Image

Update: This is due to fulfillment issues not for any other reason. Motorola cant keep up with amount of orders that are coming in! Now of course this is only information provided by our local VZW Management. Again we are not starting rumors just relaying information provided You will still be able to order the Bionic if you want it.

A tipster over at ACS sent in information that the Droid Bionic has been or is being pulled from shelves due to unnamed issues. Currently this is the only information we have and are working on gaining more information regarding this. As you can see in the photo it states "At this time the Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic is unsellable in stores and has been removed. Please remove the Tag and Dummy from display to help avoid customer inquiries or service issues. When further details are available, we will update this Bulletin." We are not trying to start rumors only state the information we have obtained. Stay tuned as this story develops.

unsellable meaning they are not allowed to sell it at the moment.

source

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Edited by Andrew, 18 October 2011 - 02:17 PM.

Help support MDW and become a Supporting Member

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   Shadowlore

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

Interesting... this sort of corresponds with something I ran into a few days back while at a local Walmart (that also has a VZW phone area inside). Wife wanted to look at the Bionic, and upon getting to the counter, there was a dummy slot for it, and 'COMING SOON', listed there. When she asked the VZW 'Rep' there, she was told they hadn't been able to sell it yet (we're allowed to) and they were going to be just pulling the display in a few days.

Might be that it's 'unsellable' as in they aren't allowed to sell it, I suppose.

#3 OFFLINE   anrichardson

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Device:Moto Droid

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

This doesn't sound good, is because of MDB228? lol
Dropbox, 2GB of free online space plus 250MB using this link http://bit.ly/9nsLgY

#4 OFFLINE   hookbill

Android Pro

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Twitter:@hookbill
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

No disrespect to the OP of course, but if there were any truth to this why would this still be here?

A Bill can be expensive. Or great if you have lots of them $$$$$$ But it's not my name......Just call me hook. :)

Please be respectful. Respect to each other should be #1.

PLEASE REVIEW FORUM GUIDELINES

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   BBCrackman

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 2,983 posts
  • Twitter:@bbcrackman
  • Device:Too many...

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

hookbill said:

No disrespect to the OP of course, but if there were any truth to this why would this still be here?

None taken. OP updated

Help support MDW and become a Supporting Member

#6 OFFLINE   idefiler6

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Device:Droid 2

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

hookbill said:

Ad for the iphone?

#7 OFFLINE   N2Droid

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Twitter:www.twitter.com/n2droid
  • Device:BIONIC

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

Appreciate the update. I just got my Bionic yesterday and i've been excited as hell.

#8 OFFLINE   STLninja

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

Yea not due to limitations, r. shack has plenty of those in stores. i recognize that email, as I read it myself earlier

#9 OFFLINE   hookbill

Android Pro

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

idefiler6 said:

Ad for the iphone?

I'll assume you're joking and just forgot to put the smiley at the end of that post.;)
A Bill can be expensive. Or great if you have lots of them $$$$$$ But it's not my name......Just call me hook. :)

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   hookbill

Android Pro

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

N2Droid said:

Appreciate the update. I just got my Bionic yesterday and i've been excited as hell.

It's a great phoe, you are going to love it. Perfect, no. IMHO it's the best Verizon has to offer.

Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   STLninja

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

lil more news to spread. its being pulled from the shack, because competitor stores was bitching about the fact that they are (was) selling it for $199. and nobody else could compete with the prices.

#12 OFFLINE   hookbill

Android Pro

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

STLninja said:

lil more news to spread. its being pulled from the shack, because competitor stores was bitching about the fact that they are (was) selling it for $199. and nobody else could compete with the prices.

I was in a Shack I'd say about 3 months ago. I remember the sales manager asking the guy who was in front of me who was his provider. He said Verizon and nothing else was said. Then he asked me the same thing and I gave the same answer. No response.

So while I admit I didn't really look I thought Verizon wasn't carried in a Radio Shack. There had to have been a reason for him asking me that question.

Anyway I looked on line and they have the Incredible 2 for $49.00. And they are offering the D2G for free! That's big of them. :)

But I did not see the Bionic there. I kind of doubt that they were removed because other stores were complaining, I would think it's more likely that they were doing something they weren't supposed to do.

I try to avoid the Shack. I've had a few bad experiences with them. Once I went to purchase a part for something and the ATM at my credit union wasn't working, or something was wrong. I got an error message. Anyway I had my checkbook with me and the guy said to me, "You don't think I'm going to take a check from you when the ATM card didn't work?"

And I have no reason to disbelieve that what you say isn't true about them offering at a lower price but it's my experience that usually if you have to buy it there it's more expensive.

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   spectredroid

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Device:Droid Charge

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

hookbill said:

It's a great phoe, you are going to love it. Perfect, no. IMHO it's the best Verizon has to offer.

Definitely. I love mine. Best right now for sure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

#14 OFFLINE   STLninja

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

sounds like you delt with some loser staff about your card. but phone prices, shack is usually lower than anybody else.

alot of prices on other items are more expensive, but thats because alot of what costs more, you can't find anywhere else locally.

But they didnt start carrying verizon until last month. due to tmobile sucking ass as far as sales.. but swing in and check out the prices and compair. just avoid the people there. 80% of them are stupid robots who follow the script, the other few are actually good people

#15 OFFLINE   hookbill

Android Pro

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

STLninja said:

sounds like you delt with some loser staff about your card. but phone prices, shack is usually lower than anybody else.

alot of prices on other items are more expensive, but thats because alot of what costs more, you can't find anywhere else locally.

But they didnt start carrying verizon until last month. due to tmobile sucking ass as far as sales.. but swing in and check out the prices and compair. just avoid the people there. 80% of them are stupid robots who follow the script, the other few are actually good people

It seems really like the manager is the go to guy, at least that's my experience. If you need to get into something a bit complicated anyway.

But I still don't understand the question about my provider. I know Verizon had some newer phones out there and I had the D2, though he might not have known it.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users