Check us out:

- - - - -

Market says device not supported... but I know it IS!

2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RustyShack

Droid

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Device:Droid 2G, Galaxy Tab

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

Quite frequently I am advised that my Galaxy Tab is not supported for many apps which it should be. There are apps that I have had for my Tab for a long time, such as Netflix and Touchdown for Exchange that are suddenly saying Not Supported. There are also apps that others have advised work for them but the apps say Not Supported when I try to get them. I am wondering if the Market is detecting that I am rooted or or that I have a GB leak, or something like that. I read before that changing your LCD density can cause this to happen, so I have changed it back. Still doesn't work.

Just now I went to market.android.com to try installing from there, and if I filter my search by Galaxy Tab, it finds results, but then when I try to send them to MY Galaxy Tab, it shows it grayed out and says Not Supported.

Any ideas?

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   hookbill

Android Pro

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Twitter:@hookbill
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

RustyShack said:

Quite frequently I am advised that my Galaxy Tab is not supported for many apps which it should be. There are apps that I have had for my Tab for a long time, such as Netflix and Touchdown for Exchange that are suddenly saying Not Supported. There are also apps that others have advised work for them but the apps say Not Supported when I try to get them. I am wondering if the Market is detecting that I am rooted or or that I have a GB leak, or something like that. I read before that changing your LCD density can cause this to happen, so I have changed it back. Still doesn't work.

Just now I went to market.android.com to try installing from there, and if I filter my search by Galaxy Tab, it finds results, but then when I try to send them to MY Galaxy Tab, it shows it grayed out and says Not Supported.

Any ideas?

Well, I don't know much about Android Tablets but assuming that the operations are somewhat similar to a phone I would go to your settings/applications/Market. Delete both cache and data.

I'm pretty certain the Market has no way of telling if you are rooted. I'm also going to move this to a more appropriate area.
A Bill can be expensive. Or great if you have lots of them $$$$$$ But it's not my name......Just call me hook. :)

Please be respectful. Respect to each other should be #1.

PLEASE REVIEW FORUM GUIDELINES

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   RustyShack

Droid

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Device:Droid 2G, Galaxy Tab

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

hookbill said:

Well, I don't know much about Android Tablets but assuming that the operations are somewhat similar to a phone I would go to your settings/applications/Market. Delete both cache and data.

I'm pretty certain the Market has no way of telling if you are rooted. I'm also going to move this to a more appropriate area.

Thanks, I have tried that. I just found that if I uninstall Market updates, it will let me download those items. So I guess I can get by for now by rolling the Market back when needed.

Sent from my GB Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users