23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rockonfender

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

I have an interesting problem with my Bionic. I royally screwed up when trying to install the new liberty rom. I had a rooted device with the leaked OTA upgrade .893 and the permanent root. whenever I went into clockworkmod recovery mode I went through the steps of clearing the cache, wiping the dalvik, wiping user data, and formatting /system. Then i messed up, I selected the wrong .zip. The one I selected was the 1.1 update that was supposed to be installed on top of the original 1.0 ROM and I tried to boot. Since then I have tried numerous guides to flashing my phone back to stock but nothing has worked. Ideas?

Edited by rockonfender, 28 October 2011 - 03:33 PM.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 674 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

Have you tried this way

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

?

#3 OFFLINE   rockonfender

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Ive tried it multiple times with both the RSD and command line methods. RSD simply fails. Command line will flash system image and webtop image but nothing else. I think the reason some of them wont flash is because they do not allow downgrading (such as boot and radio)

#4 OFFLINE   probbiethe1

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 674 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

Well you might be out of luck then. But hopefully not have you tried booting into recovery from adb

#5 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC
  • Twitter:moosc
  • Device:DroidX on CM7, XOOM WITH HAMMERHEAD, DROID BIONIC ON STEROIDS 893..

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

Have u tried a factory wipe? Where u at exactly what step?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

#6 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

Follow this to a T. Don't side guess what your doing. And it will get u back on track. http://www.mydroidwo...ad.php?p=106071

#7 OFFLINE   rockonfender

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

I have tried that method countless times with no success. After I flash it it and reboot (through command line of course) it returns the error:

Invalid CG HAB (CG: boot, status: 0X0035)

#8 OFFLINE   DroidJunk

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 587 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Texas
  • Twitter:@DroidJunk
  • Device:GNex

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

rockonfender said:

I have tried that method countless times with no success. After I flash it it and reboot (through command line of course) it returns the error:

Invalid CG HAB (CG: boot, status: 0X0035)

Im only taking a guess here. Try flashing the boot image or as many as you can flash.

D r o i d J u n k

If your in the mood... DONATE A BIT HERE.

It makes me feel better.

#9 OFFLINE   hookbill

Android Pro

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Twitter:@hookbill

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

I don't have any ideas to help in regards to fixing, but I'm going to send you a pm so please check your messages.
A Bill can be expensive. Or great if you have lots of them $$$$$$ But it's not my name......Just call me hook. :)

Please be respectful. Respect to each other should be #1.

PLEASE REVIEW FORUM GUIDELINES

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   rockonfender

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

Thanks to all but phone is confirmed as completely bricked with no current way to restore. Good luck if you have this problem..

#11 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

Yea wonder what caused it to brick so hard. U may b first with hard brick.

#12 OFFLINE   marleyinoc

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Device:DROID Bionic

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Scary stuff. Can you walk us through what all you did? That is, if you remember, and I understand if you don't. You say leaked upgrade OTA .893 .. as of Oct 28th would that have been 5.5.893? or 5.6.893? (5.7.893 apparently only upgrades from 5.5?) Very confusing stuff these leaks are. I like it better when we have a flashable zip that someone has dropped :)

I keep thinking I need to make some notes of what my files do before the upgrade paths get too ridiculous.. I generally follow others instructions to the letter after reading multiple posts on the subject, but that is leaving it in the hands of others and others who tell me ahead of time that they're not responsible if I brick my phone :) Talk about heeding a warning...

Seriously, sorry for your loss. I didn't know choosing wrong zip at any point could leave me high and dry. Was counting on flashing back if it hit the fan...

#13 OFFLINE   marleyinoc

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Device:DROID Bionic

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Scary stuff. Can you walk us through what all you did? That is, if you remember, and I understand if you don't. You say leaked upgrade OTA .893 .. as of Oct 28th would that have been 5.5.893? or 5.6.893? (5.7.893 apparently only upgrades from 5.5?) Very confusing stuff these leaks are. I like it better when we have a flashable zip that someone has dropped :)

I keep thinking I need to make some notes of what my files do before the upgrade paths get too ridiculous.. I generally follow others instructions to the letter after reading multiple posts on the subject, but that is leaving it in the hands of others and others who tell me ahead of time that they're not responsible if I brick my phone :) Talk about heeding a warning...

Seriously, sorry for your loss. I didn't know choosing wrong zip at any point could leave me high and dry. Was counting on flashing back if it hit the fan...

#14 OFFLINE   rockonfender

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

yeah I thought the same. I just messed up really bad this time I guess. From what I've gathered from talking to some of the other forum members, somehow my kernel must have been messed up from one of the things I did to it, be it the OTA update or flashing a corrupted file at some point, not really sure. I did not know there were other options in the 5.x.893 but I'm fairly certain that it was 5.5.893 because I got the file from droidmodderx and that is the file he provides. So my steps in order were this:
1. flash back to bare bloated stock with RSD lite
2. forever root
3. apply .893 OTA update in stock recovery
(everything is working flawlessly at this point and even better than it was before these steps)
4. booted to CWM recovery, cleared cache, wiped dalvik, cleared user data, formatted /system
5. flashed the update 1.1 for Liberty ROM instead of the rom itself (stupid)

#15 OFFLINE   rockonfender

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

(Double post, sorry)

Edited by rockonfender, 02 November 2011 - 02:35 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   Versatile1

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Twitter:V3rSaTiL31
  • Device:Bionic

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

Can you get to stock recovery? If so can you apply stock update zip?

#17 OFFLINE   LifeBeginsFriday

Droid

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/emericanx

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

That is odd... that doeant sound like something the one click restore shouldn't be able to fix... if it booted fine after the initial update... everything was in place.. a /system format should be cured by a restore...

Android. Not only an OS! Its an obsession!

#18 OFFLINE   Calla969

MDW Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

I'm in the same boat. I didn't do anything I haven't dome several times before other that accidentally formatting the webtop partition. I ahve tried everything and it all fails at restoring the boot image. Does anyone have any ideas about how I can try to fix this?

#19 OFFLINE   ninjativo

Junior Droid

• VIP
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

That's really weird, what kernel are you guys on?

#20 OFFLINE   Calla969

MDW Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

I'm on the 5.6.893 kernel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users