20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dirtydroidx

Android Master

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/dirtydroidx
  • Device:Bionic,facinate,galaxy tab ,thunderbolt

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

I have had a overwhelming demand from different people on this subject. Now i have to stress this from the beginning, you have to meet certain criteria to be able to get what you want. This will not work for everyone. If it does not work for you , don't say hey you are wrong or this does not work. I am only speaking from my experience in the matter and what i have achieved with this method. With the Galaxy Nexus coming out I figured this would be a good time too share my experience with dealing with VZW.

Now that has been said lol, In ten months I have had a Droid X, Fascinate, Thunderbolt, and Bionic on one line. To get a early upgrade, you need to have the following criteria.

1) A family share plan.
2) Patience
3) Respect.
4) Your bill payed on time.
5) Money helps, or be able to bill to the account.
6) A inside guy to let you no what they don't broadcast on the internet or in the store. At the end of the article i will provide you with a number that is a verizon wireless friend, he will do whatever he can to get you to where you want to be.

The reason i stress having a family account is because of leverage. Verizon will work with you , the more they can tie you down with contracts,and if they can make more money from you. Hear is the point , say you just bought the droid bionic. Great you like it but that new phone coming out is something that you really want. This is what i do i always call customer service. Why? because in the store they read of a screen and only tell you what you can do by the book. i never go into the store for anything unless i need a accessory's or something minor. Talking to Verizon on the phone , gives you the advantage, cause they can do anything they want . When you talk to the first customer service rep on the phone you will most likely get know where. You must have PATIENCE AND BE RESPECTFUL. Do not threaten to change carriers or something stupid like that. Sometimes it takes about a hour or two to get the end result of upgrading early. Once the first agent tells you pretty much about your contract , the upgrade date and all that good stuff, say "thank you for your help, but can you please pass me threw to a supervisor. Now this is where you have to keep a cool head. They will try to tell you this and that. Just say thank you and repeat your statement. One time it took me 3 different departments and 6 supervisors to get my phone. Now with the right level supervisor they can do whatever they want. They can wipe your contract clean, or just add another 2 years on. Take money off a phone. Give you a months bill for free, pretty much anything you want they can do. Now like i said before not all supervisors can do this. You must find one by repeating your needs and wants about 100 times. Now if you are starting out with a 3G phone, you have a great chance to get a early upgrade. Verizon is spending billions of dollars on there 4G network and they want as many ppl as they can to get it. Now like i said you have a 3G phone just say. i Have been thinking of going to a 4G phone , but i don't want to open another line , is there anything you can do for me ? At this point there is a great chance they will say , yes we can do this or this to get you upgraded. Hooray now it is done. when i went from my X to my thunderbolt I was 5 months into my contract. They wiped my contract clean, and started a new contract. On top of that they gave me fifty dollars off the phone, and a months bill for free. So basically i paid 50 bucks for it. For ppl with 4G devices now, its a little bit more involved. This is where the leverage thing comes into effect. In my case i have 5 lines and a 6th line for a tablet. If any line has a dumbphone on it , vzw always wants to get you to upgrade. With that said they are always running some kind of special under this circumstance. To get my bionic I upgraded my Moms line . This is what you have to realize when you do that the phone will come to your house. Once it gets in your possession You can do anything you want with this phone. Now if you are getting a rebate for sending the old phone in, chalk it up as a loss cause you are not going to be putting it on that line. When you call vzw tell them that you want to activate the phone on your other line then put it on your line. The department that does this does not care about how or why you are doing this. This is a important tip so listen. IF YOU TAKE YOUR SMART PHONE OFF A LINE THAT HAS UNLIMITED DATA FOR ONE MINUTE, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR UNLIMITED DATA. So once you get the phone you do a ESN change then. In my case I did this with my Bionic and then sold my Tibold for 225$ so basically i paid 75 bucks for it. The last option if all of these methods fail is to add a line. It only cost you 9.99 a month extra. Get the phone and the transfer it to your line. I have 5 phone lines like i said. So basically I have it stretched out so where i can get a update about every 6 months.

This is like a fight you againt verizon! If you follow my advice and talk to the right person you can eventually come up with some sort of solution with them. As i stated before this will not work for everyone. Every account is different. If you meet any of the criteria above then start your battle to get that new device. Good luck everyone, if you have any questions just post them here. If what i have told you got you that new Phone, let us know.

In conclusion, you do not need to sign up for any presale. This is what you do , call the guy , who's number that i will provide. Tell him you want him to call you on release day. I have done this with 2 phones. He will call you at 8 am and get your order submitted. So take care of your account before you talk to him. Or you can call him and he will let you know about any promo's that they are running to get you upgraded and he will transfer you to that department.

When you call him tell him that Dave Krznar gave me your number, He will do everything he can to get you upgraded. The best time too call is about 2 days before release. Hope this helps some out there. Okay now I'm rambling here is the number >>INFORMATION REMOVED AT THE REQUEST OF VERIZON WIRELESSmake sure you use my name.

The pronunciation of my last name is Krehzz-nar ;)
Become a supporting member at mydroidworld
If I helped you hit the Thanks Button.
Follow me on Twitter @dirtydroidx

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   SeanRinVA

Droid

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHampton, VA
  • Twitter:@SeanRinVA
  • Device:VZW Galaxy Nexus

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for the info. Montego's number is now in my contacts...I'll definitely be calling.
SeanRinVA
BOFH for Gov't Contractor's local office

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
TranQuil Ice 8

#3 OFFLINE   SeanRinVA

Droid

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHampton, VA
  • Twitter:@SeanRinVA
  • Device:VZW Galaxy Nexus

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

Sweet! Montego just hooked me up - my upgrade wasn't until 2/12/12, and he was able to get me an early upgrade. Nexus is on the way.
SeanRinVA
BOFH for Gov't Contractor's local office

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
TranQuil Ice 8

#4 OFFLINE   dcastdal

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/Dcastdal
  • Device:Droid 3

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

I hope I can get this to work for me! I hate my Droid 3...

#5 OFFLINE   irtehun

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Device:Samsung Captivate

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

Will this still work?

#6 OFFLINE   MaHong5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:sss
  • Device:asd

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

hi

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Ja56cob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

I'll definitely be calling.Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Sy45lvia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

I hope I can get this to work for me! I hate my Droid 3...Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Claregnce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

#10 OFFLINE   Mic56hael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

#11 OFFLINE   Bri78an

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Will this still work?Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Vict67oria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

#13 OFFLINE   Jeann1eary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Jefgrry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:google
  • Device:google

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

#15 OFFLINE   Mfgary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

'll definitely be calling.Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   Chefhryl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

#17 OFFLINE   Chefhryl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

#18 OFFLINE   Juli68e

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

#19 OFFLINE   Jeffe65er

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

. Great you like it but that new phonePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Jeffe65er, 14 November 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#20 OFFLINE   Gagry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

I hope I can get this to work for me! I hate my Droid 3... Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

5 user(s) are reading this topic