These directions come from ikithme @ alldroid. The .sbf file is used to flash a bricked droid. It will return you to a pre-rooted state.
THIS COMPLETELY WIPES YOUR PHONE AND REFLASHES IT! YOU WILL NEED TO REACTIVATE YOUR PHONE WHEN THIS FINISHES!
A. (.sbf file)
Alt download link
B. (RSDLite 4.6)
... _4.2.0.zip (32-bit Motorola USB Drivers)
... _4.2.0.zip (64-bit Motorola USB Drivers)
1. Download all of the files above including the 32-bit OR 64-bit Motorola USB Drivers.
2. Install RSDLite 4.6 AND the 32-bit or 64-bit Motorola USB Drivers (Depends on your system most will need 32-bit some will need 64-bit)
3. Connect your phone to USB and turn it off then while your phone is booting hold up on the DPAD.
4. Run RSD Lite 4.6 as Administrator (For all you Vista and 7 folks out there. If you are using XP you may not need to run as Administrator)
5. Click the ... next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file and double click the .sbf file.
6. Hit start and below it should give you completion progress and all of that.
7. Once your phone is done being flashed (It may take a while so don't unplug it) it will reboot and you will be back at stock 2.0.1 no root.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ROOT YOUR DROID NOW TO LOAD CUSTOM ROMS, PLEASE VISIT:
Good luck!!! :)
Edited by olta777, 08 June 2010 - 04:50 PM.
updated post with directions and explaination.