8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jaeger

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

I am thinking about updating from my X. Now, I have been fairly happy with the X but I think that is mostly due to great support from the dev community. I don't hate Blur, but in it's stock form the X leaves a lot to be desired.
My initial reaction was to wait for the Nexus but I am really drawn to the features offered by the Razr. Top notch construction, excellent radios, and webtop functionality really speak to my needs.
So here is my question to those of you that have one. Is the razr good enough as delivered? Does it need to be rooted and modified or does it make the grade as is?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   getchamobile

MDW Writer

• VIP
  • 70 posts
  • Twitter:@getchamobile
  • Device:Bionic

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

The Razr is a great phone and I enjoyed my time with it. I returned mine to await the Galaxy Nexus, but the GN will have to live up to the hype. If not, I will gladly return to the Razr. It really is a great phone and currently the best phone on Verizon. I tried the Rezound out. It's a good phone with a great screen, but the Razr is quicker and has a completely new feeling.

My experience with the Bionic was it's a good phone made great with Rooting. I never felt like I had to root the Razr, but I am sure I would have.

#3 OFFLINE   scrub175

Droid

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • LocationJensen Beach Florida
  • Twitter:@scrub175
  • Device:GNEX

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

getchamobile said:

The Razr is a great phone and I enjoyed my time with it. I returned mine to await the Galaxy Nexus, but the GN will have to live up to the hype. If not, I will gladly return to the Razr. It really is a great phone and currently the best phone on Verizon. I tried the Rezound out. It's a good phone with a great screen, but the Razr is quicker and has a completely new feeling.

My experience with the Bionic was it's a good phone made great with Rooting. I never felt like I had to root the Razr, but I am sure I would have.

Totally agree. absolutely correct about not really needing to root the razr for an optimal experience.

#4 OFFLINE   Jaeger

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

Thank you. That's the kind if feedback I'm looking for. I'm certainly not saying I won't root it if I buy it but I don't want to have to to make it functionally pleasant to use.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#5 OFFLINE   Jaeger

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

Well, I pulled the trigger today and I must say I am quite impressed. My initial impression is that this is a better phone as is than my X is at the height of it's rooted glory.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#6 OFFLINE   Wyld

Droid

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid Razr

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:21 AM

Had my RAZR for 2 days now and so far battery life sucks! But over all great device! And will be rooting it shortly. Lol

Razr-Eclipes-v1.2.1

#7 OFFLINE   imandroid

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 823 posts
  • Twitter:imandroid11
  • Device:Razr Maxx, Nexus, OG Droid, Galaxy Tab, Palm Pre+, i4s VZW,

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:52 AM

I bought the Razr on 11/12 loved it, took it back for this whole Nexus fiasco and plus the holiday warranty period. Next day after returning the Razr grabbed a rezound besides the screen there is nothing that impresses me on that phone and was returned in under 24 hrs.

Fast forward to 11/23/2011 picked up another Razr and i love it not rooted and runs like a beast BTW I hate Motorola with a passion but this phone makes me happy

:beer

#8 OFFLINE   imandroid

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 823 posts
  • Twitter:imandroid11
  • Device:Razr Maxx, Nexus, OG Droid, Galaxy Tab, Palm Pre+, i4s VZW,

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:52 AM

I bought the Razr on 11/12 loved it, took it back for this whole Nexus fiasco and plus the holiday warranty period. Next day after returning the Razr grabbed a rezound besides the screen there is nothing that impresses me on that phone and was returned in under 24 hrs.

Fast forward to 11/23/2011 picked up another Razr and i love it not rooted and runs like a beast BTW I hate Motorola with a passion but this phone makes me happy

:beer

#9 OFFLINE   Jaeger

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

My battery life has been pretty good. I don't live in a 4g area so I have it running on cdma only but the battery life is as good as my x. I've had it unplugged all day and am still at 70%. That's with light use.
I really can't get over how fast, smooth and responsive this thing is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users