What this does.
No matter what rom/firmware you have this will take your device and put you back on the official update of 5.5.896 and you will have the option to update to the 5.9.901 update. This update will also root your device so all you have to do is double click on the runme.bat file.
1) Download this file ----> Download Now
2) unpack and place all files in the same folder
3) make sure usb mode is Charge Only
4) attach device to computer with usb cable
5) double click the runme file
How this works:
First the Bionic has a locked bootloader that makes restoring and modifying the Bionic difficult. Due to this we have to perform some work arounds.
1) This script will first push the 5.5.893 and then the 5.9.901 updates to your sdcard (these files will be needed to complete the update)
2) You phone will reboot to bootloader and then the script will push the necessary 5.5.886 system/preinstall/webtop partitions to the device (this takes some time be patient)
3) The phone will reboot and the script will root the build (don't worry if Superuser fails to install. That means you already have it installed), push the necessary boot.img to the boot partition
4) The phone will reboot in recovery mode and you will need to install 5.5.893, if you want to try 5.9.901 install it immediately after 5.5.893.
5) Your phone will reboot and the script will again root your device. (don't worry if Superuser fails to install. That means you already have it installed)
You are all finished, congrats and thanks for trying this script.
****** CDT.bin error *****
if you were previously running 5.9.901 you may get a cdt.bin error. Do not panic do the following.
Download this cdt.bin and script to the same directory
Double click on 901fix.bat
Download File ----> [ATTACH]3077[/ATTACH]
Edited by CellZealot, 26 December 2011 - 01:09 PM.
fix typos for 5.5.893 version