This is a true 100% AOSP ROM created from ICS 4.0.3 source and packaged in zip form for ease of delivery. The ROM is rooted with fixed Superuser for all of your su needs. We have removed the Google search box and placed a new soft key at the bottom that allows you to search, if long pressed it will activate voice search/commands as well. I have to say that gatesjunior has really out done himself with all the coding of this ROM.
This ROM is clean and free of all bloat.
Please do not post this anywhere else. Please link to this post. This ROM will only be supported here.
- Five Point Lockscreen
- Dark AOSP Menu program integrated into Settings
- Busybox pre-installed (built from source)
- Superuser (built from source)
- Root Browser
- Google Apps integrated
- Market fix
- Removed Search box
- Added search / voice search (long press) to softkey
- 1% battery increments
- Power widgets in dropdown (Push to toggle / Longpress for settings / Multi-press brightness and sound for modes)
- Reboot power menu
- Tether/Hotspot AOSP enabled
- Market App restore working
- Softkey color changer added, change softkeys to any color you want to now on the fly
- Clock options added, change color, add am/pm, chage size, remove it, also all on the fly
- Custom carrier text added, change carrier text to anything you want, also on the fly
- Battery icon options modified to now include enable/disable battery icon on the statusbar
- Softkey glow speed added, now change press background glow speed on the fly
- Modified all battery mods to be instant on update / change
- Modified Clock settings to all be instant as well
- Modified all Carrier text changes to be instant as well, change color, size, visibility
- Added Date change / customization options, change color, size, visibility
- Changed out signal icons to be more pleasing and visible to the naked eye
- Code cleanup and optimization all around
- Fixed Market auto update, ooops, sorry about that..
- Optimized code around softkey style switcher, should also now save style between rom upgrades
- All new optimized kernel with bug-fixes and speed optimizations
- All new Led flashlight - this has been added to the power widgets statusbar pull down area as well as long pressing the power button in the power menu. Remember, if you already have a lot of widgets in the statusbar pull-down, just swipe left and right to see them all. You can add it within the Dark AOSP toolbox under power widgets.
- Added the ability to move music tracks to previous/next while phone screen is off with long pressing the volume buttons. This option can be turned on in the Dark AOSP toolbox under Advanced Audio Settings.
- Market, YouTube and Google Maps have all been updated in the rom
- Also updated the rom so that you can see more market apps, including YouTube now
- Added Google Wallet now to the rom, should be fully functional
- Changed build.prop back to Galaxy Nexus instead of GALAXY NEXUS
- Code optimizations
- Changed out stolen icon from AOKP in the power menu to my own creation :-)
- Believe we fixed the black screen of death and the phone not wanting to wake up
- This should also help further with battery life
On boot if you do not see the clock or the battery, just go into the Dark AOSP menu program and enable them :-) Oh yeah, and on the color changer dialog, the previous button is not active, work in progress.
Quick note on this, the kernel defaults to performance, so for those of you battery conscious, change it in the Dark AOSP Menu program under Performance in governor mode to ondemand and check the box to set at boot. Those that want a little more performance with giving up a little battery life, choose interactive.
You must be rooted and have Clockwork Mod to install this ROM
Wipe Data / factory reset before flashing
Download ROM and put on sdcard
- Boot into Clockwork recovery
- Wipe data / factory reset
- install zip from sdcard
- choose zip from sdcard and flash
DarkAOSP (02/27/2012) -- Prior installations should Wipe Dalvik and Clear cache through recovery
- Imoseyon for the base kernel source
- CyanogenMod for power widget and reboot menu source
- WJD designs for Nav icon work
- JRummy for root browser and base source of performance menu
- Nathan Grebowiec for touch recovery menu