* * * - - 2 votes

[ROM] DarkAOSP v3.0.8 (03/06/2012) - Come and get some hotness !!

aosp toolbox kernel powerwidgets ics nexus galaxy nexus rom custom rom

1364 replies to this topic

#1241 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts
  • Twitter:@NatttyBee
  • Device:Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

View Postmoosc, on 20 March 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

I just dl and flashed his zip radios there 4.0.3 not 4.0.4

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#1242 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

View Postmatchstick08, on 20 March 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

Quick Question:
Is there a way to turn off the vib when typing on the keyboard. I noticed that changing it in the normal settings doesn't turn off the typing vibration.

(this may have been answered in the previous pages, but I haven't had a chance to go through all 62 pages.)

Go to settings, then go to Language & input. Then touch the little settings box next to Android Keyboard. Then you will be in keyboard settings. Uncheck "vibrate on keypress"

;)

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk

#1243 OFFLINE   matchstick08

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Galaxy Nexus

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

Thank you!

#1244 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

View Postmatchstick08, on 20 March 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Thank you!
No problem, my friend :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

#1245 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Device:Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Verizon

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

View Postmoosc, on 20 March 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

Great u don't post the radios for me to try. I guess I'll b Googling them. This first I've heard of them.

Sorry, I figured I was the only one that hadn't done this. Here is the site that I got them from, but it looks like someone else may have already posted a link to them as well. If you scroll down, there is a link that says Get Ready Package which has the zip file. I flashed them, and so far my phone is still working ;)

#1246 OFFLINE   04CiviCon20s

Android Pro

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • Twitter:@23jrv
  • Device:ICS,1.4Ghz DC GNeXu$

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

BBC &Co, anything new lurking in that Titanium Stove:)

#1247 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

I know it is just a rumor, but Phandroid has an article that Verizon is testing 4.0.5 and will hopefully push the update in April. Hopefully this means the AOSP file will be released soon, maybe that is why our fearless leaders have not been around ;)

#1248 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC
  • Twitter:moosc
  • Device:DroidX on CM7, XOOM WITH HAMMERHEAD, DROID BIONIC ON STEROIDS 893..

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

I flashed them but like I posted there the same radios we got with this rom. And they are the 4.0.3 radios so nope there not 4.0.4 radios

View Postbdnyy23, on 20 March 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Sorry, I figured I was the only one that hadn't done this. Here is the site that I got them from, but it looks like someone else may have already posted a link to them as well. If you scroll down, there is a link that says Get Ready Package which has the zip file. I flashed them, and so far my phone is still working

#1249 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

They are the 4.0.4 radios, my baseband version changed after applying the Zip file and are now FA02 which are from 4.0.4. I was definitely not on FA02 prior to flashing the ZIp that I posted, I don't remember which it was.

It still shows Android 4.0.3 which is the AOSP that Dark is based off, but the baseband version is definitely updated by using that Zip. Unless your phone did not completely flash it for some reason.

Edited by bdnyy23, 20 March 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#1250 OFFLINE   gatesjunior

Developer

• Developer
  • 801 posts
  • Twitter:mrgatesjunior
  • Device:Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

View Post04CiviCon20s, on 20 March 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

BBC &Co, anything new lurking in that Titanium Stove:)

Always...

#1251 OFFLINE   gatesjunior

Developer

• Developer
  • 801 posts
  • Twitter:mrgatesjunior
  • Device:Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

View Postbdnyy23, on 20 March 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

They are the 4.0.4 radios, my baseband version changed after applying the Zip file and are now FA02 which are from 4.0.4. I was definitely not on FA02 prior to flashing the ZIp that I posted, I don't remember which it was.

It still shows Android 4.0.3 which is the AOSP that Dark is based off, but the baseband version is definitely updated by using that Zip. Unless your phone did not completely flash it for some reason.

Careful with the 4.0.4 radio files, they are not very stable at times. You will notice things will start to break up sometimes during conversations and such. Most of the time, no, but you or the other party will at times notice it.

#1252 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for the update. If I restore a nandroid backup, will that restore the baseband that I was on when I did the backup. I assume it will, as I thought the backup would restore the complete phone state, but wasn't sure. Luckily I have not had to use a restore yet on any of my phones.

#1253 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

Just reflash the os zip wipe cache delvick boom done

#1254 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

For the hell of it, I tried a nandroid restore, but still have the 4.0.4 radio and bootloader. Oh well, haven't had any issues so far.

Another question, anyone using Google Wallet. I have set mine up, but haven't had a chance to use it but every time I try to launch it, it acts like it is the first time. Then it tells me I need to update, it brings me to the market which tells me it is not compatible and the the app launches but makes me set up a new prepaid card. Anyone else experience this, or it is just me. I even tried keeping NFC on hoping that would resolve this, but still seems to happen.

#1255 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

Yea Nan will nit do it. Just flash the os again and you'll b fine. I have no issue with wallet and have updated via market

View Postbdnyy23, on 21 March 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

For the hell of it, I tried a nandroid restore, but still have the 4.0.4 radio and bootloader. Oh well, haven't had any issues so far.

Another question, anyone using Google Wallet. I have set mine up, but haven't had a chance to use it but every time I try to launch it, it acts like it is the first time. Then it tells me I need to update, it brings me to the market which tells me it is not compatible and the the app launches but makes me set up a new prepaid card. Anyone else experience this, or it is just me. I even tried keeping NFC on hoping that would resolve this, but still seems to happen.

#1256 OFFLINE   GRASSINATOR

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

View Postgatesjunior, on 21 March 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

Careful with the 4.0.4 radio files, they are not very stable at times. You will notice things will start to break up sometimes during conversations and such. Most of the time, no, but you or the other party will at times notice it.

And see why we miss you so much when ur gone Gates.... CUZ YOU DA MAN!!! ;-)
Flashed this yesterday prior to your post, (you KNOW how the eagerness of anticipation with Android gets ya) was fine til today until this morning after fully charging and powering on I noticed a quick flash reboot. Thought nothing of it until an error message suddenly appeared "Unfortunately, IMSFramework has stopped." Again, wasn't too alarmed and continued about my day. Later this afternoon my browser started acting wiggity wack, force closed, then this error message recurred. Another reboot after that as well. This was enough for me to realize EXACTLY what you were saying then shortly thereafter I flashed back to my recovery thank GOD I made just prior to performing this. Heed this message y'all.... and avoid the frustration. AND ALWAYS HEED THE WORDS OF GRANDMASTA GATES!!! THANK YOU SIR

Edited by GRASSINATOR, 22 March 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#1257 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostGRASSINATOR, on 22 March 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

And see why we miss you so much when ur gone Gates.... CUZ YOU DA MAN!!! ;-)
Flashed this yesterday prior to your post, (you KNOW how the eagerness of anticipation with Android gets ya) was fine til today until this morning after fully charging and powering on I noticed a quick flash reboot. Thought nothing of it until an error message suddenly appeared "Unfortunately, IMSFramework has stopped." Again, wasn't too alarmed and continued about my day. Later this afternoon my browser started acting wiggity wack, force closed, then this error message recurred. Another reboot after that as well. This was enough for me to realize EXACTLY what you were saying then shortly thereafter I flashed back to my recovery thank GOD I made just prior to performing this. Heed this message y'all.... avoid the frustration. AND ALWAYS HEED THE WORDS OF GRANDMASTA GATES!!! THANK YOU SIR

Restoring your backup will not restore your radios, just so you know...if you want to get the radios back to 4.0.3 just reflash the rom (maybe wipe cache & dalvik first)...it installs radios as part of the install process :)

#1258 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

So far I haven't had any issues with the radios, but not sure if it has been better or worse though. I am in the process of doing a backup through the tool box, then I figure I will reflash the ROM and restore if needed just to be safe.

#1259 OFFLINE   GRASSINATOR

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

View PostNattyBee, on 22 March 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

Restoring your backup will not restore your radios, just so you know...if you want to get the radios back to 4.0.3 just reflash the rom (maybe wipe cache & dalvik first)...it installs radios as part of the install process :)

You are correct, just noticed that my baseband still shows FA02 - Thank you for the feedback!
Haven't had any issues though since restoration other than this browser closing a few times while typing this

#1260 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

Starting to think I am an addict, a Flashoholic :lol I have such a need for a new update, I mean my phone runs great, battery life could be better and signal could be stronger, but just have the feeling that I need to make a change. I have downloaded about three other ROM files to my phone, but haven't made a change yet as this one has been good to me, but the itch just keeps on getting stronger. What to do, what to do. Think I should start drinking, or get an iphone and not have to worry about all of these options.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users