Check us out:

* * * - - 2 votes

[ROM] DarkAOSP v3.0.8 (03/06/2012) - Come and get some hotness !!

aosp toolbox kernel powerwidgets ics nexus galaxy nexus rom custom rom

1364 replies to this topic

#1261 OFFLINE   GRASSINATOR

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

View Postbdnyy23, on 23 March 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

Starting to think I am an addict, a Flashoholic :lol I have such a need for a new update, I mean my phone runs great, battery life could be better and signal could be stronger, but just have the feeling that I need to make a change. I have downloaded about three other ROM files to my phone, but haven't made a change yet as this one has been good to me, but the itch just keeps on getting stronger. What to do, what to do. Think I should start drinking, or get an iphone and not have to worry about all of these options.

HEY... DON'T EVER GO THERE AND USE THAT "i" WORD BUD, UNACCEPTABLE! ANDROID4LIFE!!!
MAINTAIN.... I have satisfied the crave by flashing back and forth between Gummy and DarkAOSP - The two finest GNex Roms thus far in my opinion. Give that a shot, my 2 fav devs... SHOW SOME LOVE! ;-)

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#1262 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC
  • Twitter:moosc
  • Device:DroidX on CM7, XOOM WITH HAMMERHEAD, DROID BIONIC ON STEROIDS 893..

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hello new beta Tapatalk 2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

#1263 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Device:Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Verizon

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostGRASSINATOR, on 23 March 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

HEY... DON'T EVER GO THERE AND USE THAT "i" WORD BUD, UNACCEPTABLE! ANDROID4LIFE!!!
MAINTAIN.... I have satisfied the crave by flashing back and forth between Gummy and DarkAOSP - The two finest GNex Roms thus far in my opinion. Give that a shot, my 2 fav devs... SHOW SOME LOVE! ;-)

Don't worry, I am not that close to the ledge yet, don't think I could make the move to an iToy unless someone gave me one, and even then it would be a hard decision. :nono

As for the ROM, I finally made the move yesterday but not sure why, just couldn't hold out anymore. I will see how it goes, but may flash my nandroid and come back to Dark and wait for an update over here. Will see how it goes this weekend. I really didn't want to have to go through setting up the phone again, but used Titanium to get my 180 apps back (think I need to go through and see if I can remove some, just never know when I may need one), so it wasn't that bad.

Still holding out hope that we something soon over here (hoping they got there hands on the pending new release and are working their magic), as these guys do great work.

#1264 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

The only way they'll get the .05 release is if google puts in the asop tree. And lately Google's being a b*tch

#1265 OFFLINE   minotaur19

MDW Noob

• VIP
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA
  • Device:Galaxy Nexus

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

Is anyone else's google music not working? Two days now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Reflashed the rom. Nothing has worked. Any ideas?

#1266 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Haven't used play music have u tried updating the app when did it stop working

#1267 OFFLINE   minotaur19

MDW Noob

• VIP
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

I just wiped again and reflashed and after the amazing backup that this ROM has did its thing, all is well. Thanks!!

#1268 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yea its amazing

View Postminotaur19, on 26 March 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

I just wiped again and reflashed and after the amazing backup that this ROM has did its thing, all is well. Thanks!!

#1269 OFFLINE   oracleofmist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

Thank You! I have not had an issue with Random Reboots since I switched to this rom. Battery life seems pretty decent compared to other roms as well.

#1270 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Not sure what did it, but I came back to this ROM and my battery life seems better that before I left. Guess something needed to be cleaned up. I wiped my phone, reflashed the last Dark AOSP and then restored my last nandroid of it and it is running better, I knew I had to leave for a reason. I haven't used it much today, but it is the first time in a long time that phone idle is the leading thing eating my battery. I am at 8.5 hours and still have 85% remaining, granted only about 20 minutes of screen time so far, but yesterday with similar use on a different ROM I was down to about 70% remaining.

Thanks again for a great ROM. Looking forward to what you have up your sleeve ;)

#1271 OFFLINE   oracleofmist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

View Postbdnyy23, on 27 March 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Not sure what did it, but I came back to this ROM and my battery life seems better that before I left. Guess something needed to be cleaned up. I wiped my phone, reflashed the last Dark AOSP and then restored my last nandroid of it and it is running better, I knew I had to leave for a reason. I haven't used it much today, but it is the first time in a long time that phone idle is the leading thing eating my battery. I am at 8.5 hours and still have 85% remaining, granted only about 20 minutes of screen time so far, but yesterday with similar use on a different ROM I was down to about 70% remaining.

Thanks again for a great ROM. Looking forward to what you have up your sleeve ;)

18.5 hours here. System Idle is not leading the way but Android System is and I still have 27% left.

#1272 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

How do u all live with out your phone? I couldn't go with out using my phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

#1273 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

Sorry, I have to mix in some work, so my phone suffers from lack of use. Getting kinda busy lately, so I don't use my phone as much during the day, I just like the fact that the battery is now lasting. Now at 13 hours with 75% remaining. Don't think I have ever seen it use that little juice, and phone idle is still the highest abuser of the battery.

#1274 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

WooHoo, 4.0.4 AOSP finally to be released. Thought for sure that we would have seen 5 first, but at least it is something ;)

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

#1275 OFFLINE   tch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:travischannon

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Lets get some 4.0.4 DARK goodness!

#1276 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Well technically this for non cdma phones so .5 may still b around the corner.

View Postbdnyy23, on 28 March 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

WooHoo, 4.0.4 AOSP finally to be released. Thought for sure that we would have seen 5 first, but at least it is something

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

#1277 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

I thought that I had read that 4.0.5 was the new base version for ICS going forward, so that was why I was surprised that 4.0.4 was actually released by Google. Guess you can't believe everything your read ;) Just hoping our fearless leaders can work their magic with this one, not sure if the verizon cdma/lte files are needed though.

edit - just saw that on Rootswiki that the 4.0.4 Rom is available for verizon nexus, but as I feared, it does not include the bootloader or radios as it is not the official Verizon release. Have to use those files with the bootloader and radio from 4.0.3. Come on Verizon, show us some luv

Edited by bdnyy23, 30 March 2012 - 06:52 AM.

#1278 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Looking for a suggestion, if anyone is still monitoring this thread, things were going well with this ROM until recently. The past few days I have been having issues were when I go to turn the screen on, it will not turn on. The notification light is blinking, but I have to do a battery pull to get the screen back on. When I do get the phone back on, it seems like battery dropped significantly, so I am not sure if something is locked up while I can't get the screen on and is using the battery during that time.

So after all that, just wondering if anyone had a suggestion. Should I try wiping the whole phone and reflashing the rom, or should I try clearing cache and Dalvik (as I don't really want to start over, at least for another two weeks). Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is getting frustrating. If this was covered previously, please excuse me as I didn't go back and read through all of the prior posts.

Thanks.

#1279 OFFLINE   bdnyy23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

Sorry, just thought of something, I was downloading the Swiftkey 3 Beta apk before the phone locked up, forgot about that. Now that I think of it, it seems that I was downing market updates the past few times, so not sure if the download process is causing the issue. Not sure if this helps with any suggestions.

Thanks again ;)

#1280 OFFLINE   bkroar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Device:Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

I have had some issues recently with the black screen of death as well. I do not remember if I was updating/installing/downloading anything at the time. I have had issues with this previously as well and I thought it was all fixed but recently, I have had the issues come up again. I am still using the interactive x governor (that hasn't changed).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Google